Cheapest notarisation services in sheffield

Actually only accredited notaries, so no its not a scam.

I wasn't referring to people pretending to be notaries. The scam I refer to is when people are charged £180 for a quick stamp and signature?

Yes they are more professional and trustworthy because they are trained what to look for.

Being 'professional' is no indication of having a worthy and honourable decent character. You think solicitors are trustworthy because of their training?

If you don't want then dont use and see how far that gets you when the other side wants notarised documents that they can rely on.

I'm thinking this is part of the scam. Because people have no option. I'm curious, what are the typical situations which require people to get a document notarised?

A lot of people on Sheffield forum have a problem paying for anything.

I don't have a problem paying a fair price for anything. I'm not so keen on being ripped off, or forced to pay over the odds.

Why not open your own legal practice and GPs surgery whilst you are at it.

Because that wouldn't make me any more or less trust worthy than I am now.

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 18:32 ----------

I had to get a document notarised, just last week, and Bell Buxton solicitors, on High Street did it for just £5.00 (that's a FIVER, BTW, not five hundred) Highly recommend them.

Got a really brilliant service, I phoned them up, and said "Do you do Notarisation, please, I need a Notary Public?"

They put me through to the chap who did notarisation, we made the arrangements, and within twenty minutes, I was at his office, swearing the declaration, and bingo! signed sealed and posted off to the people who needed the paperwork.

That's an excellent deal Plain Talker, thanks for sharing the info. Was there much work involved on his part? How long would you say the process took for him?

The reasons to trust a professional as opposed to someone with no training.

1. You can sue them and they cna be held accountable for giving advice.

2. They are vetted.

3. They adhere to a code of standards.

4. The training allows them to know what to do and what to look for.

If you think you are that great and trustworthy then set up your own practice. Peace of cake to someone like you.

If you think you are that great and trustworthy then set up your own practice. Peace of cake to someone like you.

Thanks you for the sarcasm! ;)

Clearly, £180 for a signature is justified and represents good value to you.

Edited by Waldo

I had to get a document notarised, just last week, and Bell Buxton solicitors, on High Street did it for just £5.00 (that's a FIVER, BTW, not five hundred) Highly recommend them.

Got a really brilliant service, I phoned them up, and said "Do you do Notarisation, please, I need a Notary Public?"

They put me through to the chap who did notarisation, we made the arrangements, and within twenty minutes, I was at his office, swearing the declaration, and bingo! signed sealed and posted off to the people who needed the paperwork.

Thank you, thank you. thank you......:)

that is incredibly cheep.? thats going from one extreme to the other, one charging £5 and the other £180...:huh:

i will get my partner to phone them on Monday...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Check its a notarisation and not just a sign fee. Even for a sign fee its good value.

Waldo I would get the best deal available, but the most important factor is to get what the other party had requested. This document has to satisfy the authorities aborad, so although you may rate the power of your signature and would happily sign for the OP I doubt they would see you in quite the same light as opposed to a lawter with the correct legal training and experience.

Edited by 999tigger

Check its a notarisation and not just a sign fee. Even for a sign fee its good value.

yeah, i did think it may have just been a signature for a passport etc...

whereas my partner needs a solicitor to verify that she is who she says she is, to allow a solicitor abroad the power of attorney

I had to get my divorce paperwork notarised by a solicitor before sending it off to a foreign consulate for translation and legalisation...I paid £7!

The solicitors share our office building so I just popped down in my lunch break and asked if it was something they did, picked it up the next day.

yeah, i did think it may have just been a signature for a passport etc...

whereas my partner needs a solicitor to verify that she is who she says she is, to allow a solicitor abroad the power of attorney

Good luck on Monday mate. Be interested to hear how you get on. :)

I had to get my divorce paperwork notarised by a solicitor before sending it off to a foreign consulate for translation and legalisation...I paid £7!

The solicitors share our office building so I just popped down in my lunch break and asked if it was something they did, picked it up the next day.

which ones were they Gogo.?

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 20:51 ----------

Good luck on Monday mate. Be interested to hear how you get on. :)

yeah, will let everyone know the result, then if anyone else searches the same question, it may save someone some hassle :)