Cheapest notarisation services in sheffield

Isn't it time someone put an end to this notarisation scam? More than a fiver for just signing your name, complete rip-off merchants.

Unless I'm missing something? (probably a sense of indecency)

oh, its not that simple you know.......first they have to study the document, then go and ask their assistant to make a coffee, and then have another look while they talk to their golfing/business partner over the phone, then walk over to the filing cabinet and shuffle through some papers that have no relevance to the job in hand, and after much deliberating, pull out a fancy gold plated pen and sign the said document with the flair of theatrical actor :roll:

at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask while he robbed you :huh:

Makes me angry. I mean, the assumption is basically that doctors and other professionals are somehow more credible and trustworthy than the rest of us.

Did you know, doctors who take indecent images of children, drug traffickers and fraudsters, are more trust-worthy, reliable, upstanding members of society, than are you and me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10470951/Hundreds-of-convicted-doctors-still-practising.html

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 16:27 ----------

Sorry, it it Doctors? Or just Solicitors who can notorise a document?

I had to get a document notarised, just last week, and Bell Buxton solicitors, on High Street did it for just £5.00 (that's a FIVER, BTW, not five hundred) Highly recommend them.

Got a really brilliant service, I phoned them up, and said "Do you do Notarisation, please, I need a Notary Public?"

They put me through to the chap who did notarisation, we made the arrangements, and within twenty minutes, I was at his office, swearing the declaration, and bingo! signed sealed and posted off to the people who needed the paperwork.

Makes me angry. I mean, the assumption is basically that doctors and other professionals are somehow more credible and trustworthy than the rest of us.

Did you know, doctors who take indecent images of children, drug traffickers and fraudsters, are more trust-worthy, reliable, upstanding members of society, than are you and me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10470951/Hundreds-of-convicted-doctors-still-practising.html

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 16:27 ----------

Sorry, it it Doctors? Or just Solicitors who can notorise a document?

Actually only accredited notaries, so no its not a scam.

Yes they are more professional and trustworthy because they are trained what to look for.

If you dont want then dont use and see how far that gets you when the other side wants notarised documents that they can rely on.

A lot of people on Sheffield forum have a problem paying for anything.

Why not open your own legal practice and GPs surgery whilst you are at it .

OP not including you in this.

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 18:06 ----------

PT sounds like you got a bargain. I know you can get cheap swear fees, bit not full notarisations for that.

OP looks like PT has saved you a lot.