I've won the lottery.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I've not actually played since my £4.90 windfall. However, I threw caution to the wind last night & bought another ticket (same numbers).

They've just emailed me to say I've won again....a whopping £2.70!

I think there maybe something in this.

As before, no begging letters please.

When it first started, me and 3 members of my family had a syndicate. I think we had 6 lines & permed the numbers. In the first year we used to get £10 wins regularly, then we had a big win of around £6,000 for 5 numbers on one line plus other lines of 4 numbers & 3 numbers etc with the perm. So near but yet so far! After that we kept the same numbers for another 12 months or so, but never even got a tenner! So we quit. Haven't bought a ticket since.

I've won a few tenners on Thunderball, a few fivers on scratch cards and £90 twice on lottery, I used to have a go on something once a week but haven't for months now, and I'm put off the lottery now that the price has gone up...must try again, I need a bigger house with land :D

Has anyone tried Health or postcode lottery? is it any good?

Edited by Moonbird

• 2 weeks later...

I got a massive 3 numbers and pne of those extra numbers in the Euro Millions tonight! Of course, it didn't tell me how much that was good for, I was expecting.... Hundreds? Maybe over a thousand?

Nope. I won 9,70.

Not even a tenner. :(

• 8 years later...
On 15/03/2014 at 09:10, star1234 said:

Has anyone in Sheffield won a substantial amount.

Yes, I have,

Many years ago I won £312 on the lottery, but my joy soon turned to sorrow when my dream success suddenly turned into a nightmare..

Winning on the lottery was the worst thing that ever happened to me, I wish I had never set eyes on the money, it brought me nothing but heartache.

I couldn't believe my luck when the cheque arrived through my letter box, immediately the celebrations and the spending began..

I went out and spent, spent, spent, I'd never had money like that, and I was throwing it around like confetti. 

In one week alone I bought a new vacuum cleaner, a new Thermos Flask for work, and had my toaster repaired, I was spending like there was no tomorrow...

Then begging letters started to arrive, everyone needed money, Friends, mates, relatives, and even strangers were asking for cash, and like a fool I gave it them...

Meanwhile the lavish spending continued, I even treat the wife to a brand new cover for her ironing board, and in the garden I splashed out on a new Paraffin heater for the Greenhouse, and some seed trays.......

It was only the best for me, No expense spared, I was living like a king, thinking it would last for ever.

I didn't realise it, but the money was dwindling, I was going out at nights and buying drinks for my mates, and on one occasion I even paid for a taxi home, I was loving every minute of it....

The the real problems started, I started to gamble.

I've never gambled in my life, but one night I spotted a fruit machine in a pub, and that was it..

Before I knew what had happened, I'd stuffed £1-60 into it.. I had no change left, so I went to the bar to get some more, by the end of the evening I must have lost £2-50.

When I awoke the next morning I was physically sick.

Only months after receiving my cheque, I'd squandered the lot, I owed the newsagent 2weeks paper money, and had a final reminder for the phone bill which was £27.

My only regret was not taking the wife on a dream holiday, We'd always talked about going on a dream holiday in a caravan to Wales, A once in a lifetime holiday... Wasn't to be...

Despite it all, if I ever win again, I will prolly (probably) do the same again....I must admit, I enjoyed it while it lasted.................

Most I have won was around €500 10 years ago and  £100 on thunderball lottery in 2017. I am more a type for occasionall.  £2-5 both to score accumulator than for lottery.