Garage problem please help!

Hi everybody , please help me with my problem. I brought my car to garage for mot repairs , after 3 hours garage owner called me and his told me he can't start my car. After 10 days ( sorted out what its wrong ) i spoked with him , he said diesel pump broken , he want me to pay for repair. I brought to garage good working car now i haven't car and garage want charge me for repair. What rights i have ? Thanks

I belong to a motoring organisation, like Britain's AA or RAC.

They would sort this problem fairly quickly.

However, there's an interesting point about a failure which is "due to happen". If something is going to fail at 10 am on 10th March*, and fails at home, or while in a shopping centre car park, then it's your liability.

If at that time your car is in a garage, does that make it the garage's liability?

*(or, say, at 12,367 miles)

Thank you , i left my car on garage site friday two weeks ago they told me they finish mot job about 3-4 hours , after 3 hours i have got call from garage they have problem with starting . This week they told me disel pump broken cost 800-900 £ Really I don't know what they doing with my car :(

Last week I stopped for petrol. When I got back in the car it wouldn't start, turned out a cable had snapped either when I switched off or when I tried to start it.

Things can break at any time.

This has happened to me though whilst my car was in a garage, mine suffered a bent con rod, expensive to put right and a nightmare to diagnose. It was going to happen regardless of where the car was or who was in it at the time. At least it didn't go on the motorway at 2.00 am :mad:

Thank you , i left my car on garage site friday two weeks ago they told me they finish mot job about 3-4 hours , after 3 hours i have got call from garage they have problem with starting . This week they told me disel pump broken cost 800-900 £ Really I don't know what they doing with my car :(
So your saying its taken 2 weeks for the garage to diagnose the problem. God how long is it going to take them to fit it 3 months. :confused:

---------- Post added 15-03-2014 at 19:44 ----------

BTW what car is it.

Hi everybody , please help me with my problem. I brought my car to garage for mot repairs , after 3 hours garage owner called me and his told me he can't start my car. After 10 days ( sorted out what its wrong ) i spoked with him , he said diesel pump broken , he want me to pay for repair. I brought to garage good working car now i haven't car and garage want charge me for repair. What rights i have ? Thanks

Am i understanding this correctly, Are you saying it took the garage 10 days to realize that there was no diesel getting to the engine?

Am i understanding this correctly, Are you saying it took the garage 10 days to realize that there was no diesel getting to the engine?

Yes :( they waiting now when i start to repair :( I'm going to garage tomorow that i need to know my rights :(

---------- Post added 16-03-2014 at 11:23 ----------

So your saying its taken 2 weeks for the garage to diagnose the problem. God how long is it going to take them to fit it 3 months. :confused:

---------- Post added 15-03-2014 at 19:44 ----------

BTW what car is it.

Zafira diesel

Archived