Servicemen NOT banned from pub so Muslims not offended

people with a negative view of Islam have been taken in by people making stuff up to demonise it.

Yes, indeed. There are hundreds of examples we could refer to where exactly that happens - it's a regular feature of the Forum.

One poster very recently posted links to a far right hate site and clearly believed the lies within. See also the lame video with the American in Burnley.

So it is a made up story by some nutcase... so what? You imply that people with a negative view of Islam have been taken in by people making stuff up to demonise it. This is not true.

Of course it's true - your statement is too broad.

Now if you actually mean that "You imply that ALL people with a negative view of Islam have been taken in...this is not true" then you would be quite correct (referring to "this is not true" rather than the implication)

However it is quite obvious that SOME people with a negative view have been taken in

People make stuff up about other people all the time, its not new and its not solely aimed at Muslims,
...and generally people have recourse to law when lies are told about them.

it also doesn't need made people to make up stories to demonise Muslims because they manage to do that all by themselves.

That may well be the case, so why do these people do it?

---------- Post added 16-03-2014 at 12:13 ----------

So it is a made up story by some nutcase... so what? You imply that people with a negative view of Islam have been taken in by people making stuff up to demonise it. This is not true.

It absolutely is true!

Have you read some of the wacko stories made up on here about Muslims..not only do they eat hamsters, but they've a craven predilection for Christian babies too!

In every town around the country the presence of civilians creates pretty serious problems when combined with alcohol, and during my service time in the 70s and 80s around Portsmouth and Plymouth it wasn't the presence of service personal that was the problem, it was the presence of alcohol.

The problem now is that they are suffering discrimination and abuse in all areas of their life and not just when they go to the pub.

Me and my family sat on a flight to Majorca with a load of squaddies last year. Sat just behind us. 7am flight. They behaved like animals. No other way to describe it.

Me and my family sat on a flight to Majorca with a load of squaddies last year. Sat just behind us. 7am flight. They behaved like animals. No other way to describe it.

thats where some of the stories come from about squaddies being banned from places, certain pubs in certain "squaddie" places do get problems, both with squaddies getting abit..........happy and trouble ensues, or because civilians fancy fighting a squaddy

and in almost all cases its NOTHING to do with offending muslims

anyway im lost, why would banning squaddies from a pub affect the sensibilities of muslims?

muslims dont generally frequent pubs, so why would they be offended if a squaddy went into it?

its amazing how you people are STILL worming around trying to excuse these acts and STILL denounce islam instead of admitting yes it sucks, and moving on

What do you want me to denounce, the making up of stories or the people that believe such stories? Because I happy to denounce both.

thats where some of the stories come from about squaddies being banned from places, certain pubs in certain "squaddie" places do get problems, both with squaddies getting abit..........happy and trouble ensues, or because civilians fancy fighting a squaddy

and in almost all cases its NOTHING to do with offending muslims

anyway im lost, why would banning squaddies from a pub affect the sensibilities of muslims?

muslims dont generally frequent pubs, so why would they be offended if a squaddy went into it?

This is exactly the point. Squaddies get banned from places because they are rowdy and they get into scraps. Like you say that has just about as little to do with muslims as it's possible to get. In the 70s and 80s my mum managed a pub in my home town - it was a pub that did allow squaddies in but they tended to be from just one of the regiments in town at the time. They were hard work.

I've sat on flights and witnessed civilians behaving like animals, its nothing new, some people just behave differently to other people.

---------- Post added 16-03-2014 at 12:37 ----------

This is exactly the point. Squaddies get banned from places because they are rowdy and they get into scraps. Like you say that has just about as little to do with muslims as it's possible to get. In the 70s and 80s my mum managed a pub in my home town - it was a pub that did allow squaddies in but they tended to be from just one of the regiments in town at the time. They were hard work.

Who as said it had anything to do with Muslims, there are plenty of non Muslims that hate British forces personnel because of their perceived injustice of our war on terror.

Who as said it had anything to do with Muslims, there are plenty of non Muslims that hate British forces personnel because of their perceived injustice of our war on terror.

Didn't you read the OP, ivanava?

Archived