What shape can you see in this image?

John

What shape can you see in this image?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What shape can you see in this image?

• Square
    • Circle
    • Rectangle
    • Hexagon
    • Triangle
    • Star
    • There is nothing there

No cheating peeps. If you do feel compelled to check it in Paint Shop Pro, then at least answer the poll first.

This all stems from an discussion/argument we had in chat. I said that 24 bit colour depth is the maximum the eye can distinguish between, and 1 bit difference between 1 colour channel would not be noticed by most people over the age of 10.

John on the other hand claimed he could see the shape in the picture. I suspect that this is psychological, because he knows the shape is there.

Very geeky I know, but please help us settle this discussion.

Those who said it was a rectangle just cheated, and not very well!

I'm pretty sure those who said it was a circle cheated too, cos i cant believe anybody can see such a tiny difference!

Originally posted by Sidla

John on the other hand claimed he could see the shape in the picture. I suspect that this is psychological, because he knows the shape is there.

Hmm. I know it's there now and fully cannot make it out.

I'm with you on this one so far, Sid.

You can just make out a very faint difference in shade between the inside and outside of the circle.

Look at the edges ...

Of course it helps if you know there is a circle there and you fiddle with the contrast / brightness on your monitor.

Pressing ctrl-a will only outline the .png image (which is inface rectangular).

The image on the .png is circular tho.

Archived