Fred Phelps, now dead

Sorry,I don't share the same Christian nature as you.

If he had picketed my Son/Daughter/Mom/Dad etc...etc.

I don't think wild horse's could have held me and my brass band back.

Why should they be entitled to the peaceful send off that my relative was entitled to,but didn't get?(hypothetically speaking of course)

This shouldn't be allowed in the civilized world,full stop.

I do not believe I have a Christian nature at all.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Seems most of his family have jumped ship. His son beaten mercilessly regularly is one of Phelps most outspoken critics.

I didn't know he fought for civil rights for Blacks, then again I didn't know that those he was fighting for he considered DN's (dumb *******) Nice fella huh?

He's dead now. Should we do a whole lot of forgiving now? Saying what a great polititian/ union leader/leader of his flock he was. ;)

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 21:50 ----------

He seemed like very unpleasant man according to the media reports. I read recently he was banned from the UK for his views. I find this illiberal and wrong. People like that should be allowed to speak so we can hear his views and make our own minds up. Unless he was preaching violence of course. Then he shoudnt be allowed

I do not believe I have a Christian nature at all.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

We managed to get to post 41,before that old cliche reared its head,must be a forum record.:rolleyes:

An eye for an eye would be me screaming "your going to burn in Hell F%&!"

outside his funeral.(and a hell of a lot worse).

I would never lower myself enough to verbally abuse people at a funeral.

I just read an article about this sack of excrement on the bbc and, if there is a hell I'm pretty sure he's burning in it. He was an awful awful man. I'd no more help him than help than bin laden. He is one of the top poster boys for everything wrong with organised religion.

I just read an article about this sack of excrement on the bbc and, if there is a hell I'm pretty sure he's burning in it. He was an awful awful man. I'd no more help him than help than bin laden. He is one of the top poster boys for everything wrong with organised religion.

I'll go along with that.

I wouldn't picket his funeral. I won't say I wished him dead because there's always time for someone to repent but I will say that there are a number of obituaries I've read with great pleasure and I shall look forward to his I'm sure.

(with apologies to Darrow)

Archived