Fred Phelps, now dead

Interesting interview with Nathan Phelps: The Death of My Father

That was such a wretchedly pious interview. The anchorman should be selling DAZ or teeth Whitening gel. I personally felt embarrassed for Nathan. The bit at the end where he read out his own eulogy to Nathan with cloying patronising images and fake emotion:gag:

That was such a wretchedly pious interview. The anchorman should be selling DAZ or teeth Whitening gel. I personally felt embarrassed for Nathan. The bit at the end where he read out his own eulogy to Nathan with cloying patronising images and fake emotion:gag:

I didn't get that impression, but that's probably because I was more interested in Nathan's perspective and how he's dealing with his fathers death.

I didn't get that impression, but that's probably because I was more interested in Nathan's perspective and how he's dealing with his fathers death.

The anchor in no way had any influence on my thinking towards Nathan and what he had to say. My interest in Nathans words were no less than yours I guess. I can't sit through 40 mins of interview with one ear closed and the other open.

The anchor in no way had any influence on my thinking towards Nathan and what he had to say. My interest in Nathans words were no less than yours I guess. I can't sit through 40 mins of interview with one ear closed and the other open.

I thought Seth did a good interview with someone who he has known for a while. And I didn't get the impression you had. I thought it gave a good insight into Nathan's life - and how he's dealing with Fred's death & the views of public who, understandably, are celebrating his death.

He was just the classic priest practicing hatred, abuse and violence against the homosexuals who stand for peace, love and tolerance.

They dont look very peaceful, loving or tolerant in that picture.

---------- Post added 22-03-2014 at 08:16 ----------

You might want to give him a lentil filled blood transfusion but I dont.

Wouldnt they clog up the pipes:huh:

I thought Seth did a good interview with someone who he has known for a while. And I didn't get the impression you had. I thought it gave a good insight into Nathan's life - and how he's dealing with Fred's death & the views of public who, understandably, are celebrating his death.

We hear what we hear as individuals. Doesn't always pan out that we interpret what we hear as the same, and I'm not about to attempt to convince you otherwise. It was a personal gut feeling. As I was listening I was sort of getting faint questionable suspicions in the background of my thoughts but generally the interview seemed to me to be going ok'ish..then the eulogy at the end..that's what demonstrated my suspicion. The actual eulogy itself I didn't have a problem with..it was the way in which it was presented..the same patronising sentimentality that American wild life narrators use when referring to animals in an anthropomorphic way.

We hear what we hear as individuals. Doesn't always pan out that we interpret what we hear as the same, and I'm not about to attempt to convince you otherwise. It was a personal gut feeling. As I was listening I was sort of getting faint questionable suspicions in the background of my thoughts but generally the interview seemed to me to be going ok'ish..then the eulogy at the end..that's what demonstrated my suspicion. The actual eulogy itself I didn't have a problem with..it was the way in which it was presented..the same patronising sentimentality that American wild life narrators use when referring to animals in an anthropomorphic way.

Whatever mate. This topic is about Fred Phelps; it's not about the interviewer, the eulogy or "patronising Americans". So I'm not going to discuss it further.

Archived