EU representatives making a fuss about Crimea

i think you are missing the point, the people of crimea wanted to be annexed and maybe so do other baltic states i dont know for sure, but what i do know is in the examples you sited, the Falklands, Gibralter, Scotland even! the people of these states/countries DO NOT want to be part of Spain Argentina or Holland....i assume Holland was tongue in cheek?

Yes it was a joke. Just as the referendum in Crimea being a valid referendum.

How you even remotely believe that this whole farce is anything to do with democracy is beyond me.

I suppose you keep missing the news stories where Putin's opposition keeps being jailed, goes missing during hunting trips etc. but let me assure you, Russia is anything but democratic.

We need enemies, the more powerful the better, not tin pot leaders with little or no real military competition. In Libya we just bombed the pathway for the terrorists to rule the place, as we have done in Afghanistan and Iraq. Yes they have puppet governments with little power, but so what?

Russia is great, and it has Putin, who can become yet another Hitler, wicked, homophobic, a monster from outer tabloid space. He is ideal.

We are a nation is debt, unofficially bankrupt, officially almost completely recovered from the recession, ad we are not alone. Europe is also in deepest do-do, heard the once about Greece, being a sovereign nation? No neither have they as the banks run and own the place. As for the USA, with the largest economy i the known universe, I mean war economy as it is in effect a military economy, based as we all know on continuous war, as without war, where would such an economy be?

Well the order books are looking a bit shaky these days, with pulling out of Afghanistan ad a loss of over a trillion to that war, Iraq as we know was abandoned, and no wonder it was trashed and what bits were worth anything sold to US corporations.

So where OH where is there an opportunity for further aggressive expansion anymore? The war industry and their political stooges were going crazy. Implosions as i cities going bankrupt here and there, whereas the USA is about explosions, lots of them.

With the cash machines being sold off and 10 billion invested equally in Ukraine and Venezuela's oppositions, this investment just might get the wheels moving again. You got it, employing terrorists again, it worked in Libya and Syria, not forgetting Afghanistan so why change a system if it ain't broke? So they are neo Nazis,, ad they hate Russians, so not all bad, and worth every cent.

Well you can just hear the relief from the worlds. biggest shrinking economy, hope is all around, and with a threat of Russia, I mean the USSR mark2 headed by Putin in the first tank storming over the world, like he did in Ukraine, forcing people to vote as they were each frogmarched into the voting stations, and their children shot to encourage them to vote the right way, WE HAVE A DREAM OF AN ENEMY. Its time to upgrade all weapons stocks, the red peril is upon us all. How dare they not fire one shot in Crimea, ad kill no-one at all, this is not how it is done. Its unprofessional, it should be like IRAQ, bombing them into submission, or Afghanistan shooting or bombing them into democracy and freedom, or eve Libya the land of milk, honey and oil.

It is intolerable that a part of a nation take over by appointed thugs should dare to vote to leave a country run by gangsters. And worse dare to vote peacefully!!! And even worse than that vote for the wrong kind of democracy. So let us all prepare for war, let the tabloid press soften the population up to the idea. We need a war, we need economic growth, we need a real enemy, we need a future where every able person can have a job, and with total war, its total employment. The future is Putin things right, its the only way to get the world, western world moving again. War is the panacea, out saving grace, glory to the warmongers, we need economic growth, and we all thank god for giving us a real enemy at last.

We need enemies, the more powerful the better, not tin pot leaders with little or no real military competition. In Libya we just bombed the pathway for the terrorists to rule the place, as we have done in Afghanistan and Iraq. Yes they have puppet governments with little power, but so what?

Russia is great, and it has Putin, who can become yet another Hitler, wicked, homophobic, a monster from outer tabloid space. He is ideal.

We are a nation is debt, unofficially bankrupt, officially almost completely recovered from the recession, ad we are not alone. Europe is also in deepest do-do, heard the once about Greece, being a sovereign nation? No neither have they as the banks run and own the place. As for the USA, with the largest economy i the known universe, I mean war economy as it is in effect a military economy, based as we all know on continuous war, as without war, where would such an economy be?

Well the order books are looking a bit shaky these days, with pulling out of Afghanistan ad a loss of over a trillion to that war, Iraq as we know was abandoned, and no wonder it was trashed and what bits were worth anything sold to US corporations.

So where OH where is there an opportunity for further aggressive expansion anymore? The war industry and their political stooges were going crazy. Implosions as i cities going bankrupt here and there, whereas the USA is about explosions, lots of them.

With the cash machines being sold off and 10 billion invested equally in Ukraine and Venezuela's oppositions, this investment just might get the wheels moving again. You got it, employing terrorists again, it worked in Libya and Syria, not forgetting Afghanistan so why change a system if it ain't broke? So they are neo Nazis,, ad they hate Russians, so not all bad, and worth every cent.

Well you can just hear the relief from the worlds. biggest shrinking economy, hope is all around, and with a threat of Russia, I mean the USSR mark2 headed by Putin in the first tank storming over the world, like he did in Ukraine, forcing people to vote as they were each frogmarched into the voting stations, and their children shot to encourage them to vote the right way, WE HAVE A DREAM OF AN ENEMY. Its time to upgrade all weapons stocks, the red peril is upon us all. How dare they not fire one shot in Crimea, ad kill no-one at all, this is not how it is done. Its unprofessional, it should be like IRAQ, bombing them into submission, or Afghanistan shooting or bombing them into democracy and freedom, or eve Libya the land of milk, honey and oil.

It is intolerable that a part of a nation take over by appointed thugs should dare to vote to leave a country run by gangsters. And worse dare to vote peacefully!!! And even worse than that vote for the wrong kind of democracy. So let us all prepare for war, let the tabloid press soften the population up to the idea. We need a war, we need economic growth, we need a real enemy, we need a future where every able person can have a job, and with total war, its total employment. The future is Putin things right, its the only way to get the world, western world moving again. War is the panacea, out saving grace, glory to the warmongers, we need economic growth, and we all thank god for giving us a real enemy at last.

Bang on Eribus not a shot fired and it seems as though the majority of the population have welcomed Russia with open arms.

Unlike the tin pot Arab Countries that we keep invading.

• A Ukrainian serviceman has died after being shot dead in the storming of a Ukrainian military base in Simferopol, Crimea, according to a military spokesman. He said a captain was also injured and taken to hospital and other Ukrainian servicemen were arrested.

The killing in Crimea has begun.

Bang on Eribus not a shot fired and it seems as though the majority of the population have welcomed Russia with open arms.

Unlike the tin pot Arab Countries that we keep invading.

Not a shot fired? Hmm.

Anyways, what puzzles me, is when China's military invade and conquer Tibet, our governments didn't get all up in arms about that. So how come they do when it's Russia and Ukraine?

Clearly we're acting out of self-interest; and we have more to lose here, than we did in the situation of China invading Tibet. I don't believe for one moment a government acts for any reason other than self-interest (ethics never come in to it), so what is the nature of our vested self-interest in not wanting Russia get their hands on Crimea?

but what if the Baltic countries now want to return to the motherland? i am guessing they will be much more secure under Russia, really?? you think NATO would rattle its weak sabres?? like in syria? egypt? doubt it:roll:

How is Russia the motherland of the Baltic states? Stop talking complete crap. Historically before the soviet era ethnic Russians never made more than 10% of the population of any of the Baltic states. If Putin wants to use as a pretext for annexation the Russian colonisation of Baltic states during soviet times then he's going to be on very shaky ground.

pretty succinct post dont often agree with you.

---------- Post added 18-03-2014 at 18:04 ----------

How is Russia the motherland of the Baltic states? Stop talking complete crap. Historically before the soviet era ethnic Russians never made more than 10% of the population of any of the Baltic states. If Putin wants to use as a pretext for annexation the Russian colonisation of Baltic states during soviet times then he's going to be on very shaky ground.

your avatar speaks volumes, historically russia has always been the bigger brother to the baltic states, oh is this the same shakey ground that hes supposed to be feeling now the great Obama and europe have imposed their "SCAREY" sanctions...........mmm thought so

pretty succinct post dont often agree with you.

---------- Post added 18-03-2014 at 18:04 ----------

your avatar speaks volumes, historically russia has always been the bigger brother to the baltic states, oh is this the same shakey ground that hes supposed to be feeling now the great Obama and europe have imposed their "SCAREY" sanctions...........mmm thought so

It might be a big country next door but it is not the motherland of the Baltic states. Never has been. The shaky ground is using (partial) colonisation as a pretext.

Archived