Noel Edmonds wants to buy the BBC.

Which is why ITV are better, advertisers aren't going to advertise on TV if we the viewer don't want to watch TV. Whereas it doesn't really matter to the BBC if we watch or not.

So the best programmes are those which attract the biggest audiences?

If so, you may as well turn the BBC into a non-stop Eastenders / Strictly-comes-the-Voice extravaganza with additional highlights of Total Wipeout and Snog Marry Avoid.

In fact, you may as well just sell the big formats and close the entire thing down as it won't be the same organisation that has become so internationally respected.

It seems that Noel Edmonds has plans to buy the BBC.

The host of countless crappy game shows that have killed at least one contestant is head of a consortium that want to buy & "Save the BBC".

Come back David Icke all is forgiven.

If he brings back Saturday morning children's TV, I'm happy with that!

Were it to be privatised, by Noel or any other, it would have to be funded by advertising.

The more popular the program, be it Eastenders or Corrie, the easier it will be to get advertisers.

There should be a limit on the no of ad breaks per hour, as I think some stations seem to have ad breaks every 5 or 10 minutes, not necessarily within the UK.

Were it to be privatised, by Noel or any other, it would have to be funded by advertising.

The more popular the program, be it Eastenders or Corrie, the easier it will be to get advertisers.

There should be a limit on the no of ad breaks per hour, as I think some stations seem to have ad breaks every 5 or 10 minutes, not necessarily within the UK.

Typically there are 3 per hour which equates to 1 every 20 mins.

Usually these are at 10 past, half past and 10 to the hour.

Edmonds has a point about pruning the BBC. The service also needs to redefine its core values. And funding needs to be reviewed as well. Privatisation would be a bad move though - even its biggest critics would miss it when it's gone I reckon. Once it has gone then building it back up would be near impossible.

Archived