Noel Edmonds wants to buy the BBC.

Edmonds has a point about pruning the BBC. The service also needs to redefine its core values. And funding needs to be reviewed as well. Privatisation would be a bad move though - even its biggest critics would miss it when it's gone I reckon. Once it has gone then building it back up would be near impossible.

The BBC needs to cut costs of the highly paid celebs. As NE is one of the highest paid of the lot I doubt he is the man to do it. At least Look North got rid of the over paid Crista Ackroyd.

Typically there are 3 per hour which equates to 1 every 20 mins.

Usually these are at 10 past, half past and 10 to the hour.

i think the main channels - ITV, C4 & 5 are limited to 8 minutes per hour at peak times - this doesn't include trailers for other programmes - there seems to be an ad break every 15 minutes nowadays

People moaning about the BBC and the license fee just don't know how good the British public still has it.

I really don't know of any better hypothetical example of "you don't know how good something is until it's gone".

I resent the Hugh sums of money the BBC paid to the likes of Johnathan Ross.

Do people really think their licence money should go to paying such ludicrous

salaries? Does anyone really miss the fact that he is no longer on BBC TV?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-405335/Obscene-18m-pay-deal-TVs-Jonathan-Ross.html

While you do have a point I must raise two objections:

1) Ross currently works for ITV

2) Your news link was from September 2006.

---------- Post added 21-03-2014 at 10:35 ----------

The BBC are quiet about this one:

New carpets at BBC's £1bn HQ... just 18 months after it opened: Corporation bosses demand revamp as current decor is 'not inspiring enough'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2585792/New-carpets-BBCs-1bn-HQ-just-18-months-opened-Corporation-bosses-demand-revamp-current-decor-not-inspiring-enough.html

Archived