If The Gas Gets Turned Off?

The way I see it if Newcastle had 83% Scottish people and used to be Scottish and Scotland came and said "We're having Newcastle back" I'd say "Fine have it I don't give a sh*t".

Crimea is only 58% ethnic Russian. Where did you get the 83% from?

Ukraine is sitting on one of the worlds largest supplies of easy to get at shale gas, some 42 trillion cubic feet of the stuff; and with companies like Chevron and Shell already licensed to frack the living daylights out of that country I can't help but wonder if that's the real issue and cause of all of the Ukraine woes.

Luckily we in the UK only have about a 1% reliance on Mr. Putin's gas though the knock on effect on price could effect us.

Ukraine is sitting on one of the worlds largest supplies of easy to get at shale gas, some 42 trillion cubic feet of the stuff; and with companies like Chevron and Shell already licensed to frack the living daylights out of that country I can't help but wonder if that's the real issue and cause of all of the Ukraine woes.

Luckily we in the UK only have about a 1% reliance on Mr. Putin's gas though the knock on effect on price could effect us.

WOW, good post dude. I am really scared now :o:o

Apparently, we in the UK are dependent on the Russians gas. I'm no expert on theses matters. But, why have we allowed ourselves to be in this position in the first place?

It's just stupid. We did have our own fuel supplies and stuff, loads of coal etc, but Tory mugs made sure that went out the window :(

We might not last till Xmas and all die :(

Opines?

Worst thing about it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we opted for high pressure pipe lines instead of storage so will be cut off a lot faster than would have been ?

Worst thing about it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we opted for high pressure pipe lines instead of storage so will be cut off a lot faster than would have been ?

Yes, just googling like a loon. This could become a serious problem :( No gas > no nothing.

Yes, just googling like a loon. This could become a serious problem :( No gas > no nothing.

I never got why we stopped storage, apart from it saved the big 6 on maintenance costs. Not forgetting that we have had to pay though higher bills for the investment for the high pressure infrastructure :(

---------- Post added 18-03-2014 at 22:18 ----------

Microwave?

Fan heater?

You'll be ok Ramps. Worst case is it'll be like that film Threads.

Gas power stations...

---------- Post added 18-03-2014 at 22:20 ----------

Anyone else getting an energy switch advert at the bottom of this topic ? :hihi:

Crimea is only 58% ethnic Russian. Where did you get the 83% from?

The exact percentage is unknowable and completely irrelevant the point is it's the majority, and the vast majority voted to succeed.

And yeah so other countries have said the referendum was illegitimate, but after all that's what the Argentinians said when we made the Falklanders take a referendum and they voted to be British.

So it's really a matter of your point of view, the Crimeans want to be Russian, and just because the rest of Ukraine have a hard on for Europe and vice versa, we can't impose our will upon those who would rather join forces with other nations.

Archived