If The Gas Gets Turned Off?

The exact percentage is unknowable and completely irrelevant the point is it's the majority, and the vast majority voted to succeed.

And yeah so other countries have said the referendum was illegitimate, but after all that's what the Argentinians said when we made the Falklanders take a referendum and they voted to be British.

So it's really a matter of your point of view, the Crimeans want to be Russian, and just because the rest of Ukraine have a hard on for Europe and vice versa, we can't impose our will upon those who would rather join forces with other nations.

I'm with you, if they want to be Russian then so be it, as long as they don't push for further territory then I don't see the problem.

It seams like a big thing over nothing, the country was in a transition anyhow and it was the ideal time to make the split.

The exact percentage is unknowable and completely irrelevant the point is it's the majority, and the vast majority voted to succeed.

And yeah so other countries have said the referendum was illegitimate, but after all that's what the Argentinians said when we made the Falklanders take a referendum and they voted to be British.

So it's really a matter of your point of view, the Crimeans want to be Russian, and just because the rest of Ukraine have a hard on for Europe and vice versa, we can't impose our will upon those who would rather join forces with other nations.

I'm not normally one for taking the Russians side over the west, but on this particular issue I do have sympathy with the Russians.

Regards

Doom

I'm all for the Crimea having a say in its future (as long asd legal processes are followed) but it's not 83% Russian. It's 58% Russian according to the last census.

I never got why we stopped storage, apart from it saved the big 6 on maintenance costs. Not forgetting that we have had to pay though higher bills for the investment for the high pressure infrastructure :(

---------- Post added 18-03-2014 at 22:18 ----------

Gas power stations...

---------- Post added 18-03-2014 at 22:20 ----------

Anyone else getting an energy switch advert at the bottom of this topic ? :hihi:

We'll be fine. Plenty of coal, renewable capacity etc... We import gas because we have a crazy lazy energy policy based on the concept of an international free market, predicated on the idea we or our allies will never fall out with suppliers. We was wrong. Back to the drawing board.

I'm getting an adverts for denture cream and kerosene :hihi:

Archived