If The Gas Gets Turned Off?

I'm all for the Crimea having a say in its future (as long asd legal processes are followed) but it's not 83% Russian. It's 58% Russian according to the last census.

Brilliant, congratulations...I'm saying I got the percentage wrong, and I'm also saying it doesn't really matter because it's a majority ethnic Russian, on top of the people who aren't ethnic Russian but want to be Russian.

Why are you so against the Crimeans joining Russia? Granted the referendum wash rushed, but is it really so implausible to you the Crimea, given their history would want to be Russian?

We'll be fine. Plenty of coal, renewable capacity etc... We import gas because we have a crazy lazy energy policy based on the concept of an international free market, predicated on the idea we or our allies will never fall out with suppliers. We was wrong. Back to the drawing board.

I'm getting an adverts for denture cream and kerosene :hihi:

We have a lazy policy because of privatisation where we decided to let companies decide that profit rules over need. The Government should see this as a wake up call but they won't as most of this Government will have shares coming out of their ears in the 6 energy companies and banking system.

Brilliant, congratulations...I'm saying I got the percentage wrong, and I'm also saying it doesn't really matter because it's a majority ethnic Russian, on top of the people who aren't ethnic Russian but want to be Russian.

Why are you so against the Crimeans joining Russia? Granted the referendum wash rushed, but is it really so implausible to you the Crimea, given their history would want to be Russian?

I'm not against Crimea joining Russia. I'm against the way it has been done.

We have a lazy policy because of privatisation where we decided to let companies decide that profit rules over need. The Government should see this as a wake up call but they won't as most of this Government will have shares coming out of their ears in the 6 energy companies and banking system.

Beyond bang on > Best post of this thread :)

Archived