National teachers' strike set for 26 March

Yet another good reason why Unions should be banned . They exist purely to try and hold Governments and employers to ransom , whilst causing untold misery and disruption to peoples daily lives.

Nah, this is why Unions are so great! Everyone should join one if possible. Someone has to speak for the working class.

Yet another good reason why Unions should be banned . They exist purely to try and hold Governments and employers to ransom , whilst causing untold misery and disruption to peoples daily lives.

How can you ban an association of people?

If you really want to live like that, why don't you move to Russia? :rolleyes:

The idea of unions is a great one. An association of employees to protect themselves from unscrupulous/corrupt employer.

The problem is they're now being lead by people who have their own agendas. People who seek power & control, people who are more unscrupulous/corrupt than the employers, causing more harm to their members than protecting them.

IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE AFFECTED BY THIS STRIKE THEN I URGE EVERY SINGLE PARENT TO ISSUE THE SAME FINES TO THE TEACHERS UNION, USING THE SAME TERMS AS THEY USE AGAINST YOU.

£60 PER CHILD, RISING TO £120 IF NOT PAID WITHIN 7 DAYS

SHOW THE TEACHERS UNION THAT YOU WILL NOT USE YOUR CHILD & DISRUPT THEIR EDUCATION AS A WEAPON IN THEIR DISPUTE WITH THE GOVERNMENT.

IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE AFFECTED BY THIS STRIKE THEN I URGE EVERY SINGLE PARENT TO ISSUE THE SAME FINES TO THE TEACHERS UNION, USING THE SAME TERMS AS THEY USE AGAINST YOU.

£60 PER CHILD, RISING TO £120 IF NOT PAID WITHIN 7 DAYS

SHOW THE TEACHERS UNION THAT YOU WILL NOT USE YOUR CHILD & DISRUPT THEIR EDUCATION AS A WEAPON IN THEIR DISPUTE WITH THE GOVERNMENT.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationadvice/10650927/Gove-gets-tough-on-term-travel.html

It is not the teachers union issuing fines for term time holidays, they come from Michael Gove, perhaps you should be issuing your fines to him.

I would rather see teachers disrupting my child's education for a day, or even several days, if it gets any message home to a totally out of touch and unfit for purpose education secretary.

So your ok with an organisation using your child as a weapon in a private and political dispute?

Great parenting. :|

I for one would not let ANYONE use my child as leverage for anything.

I'm fine with my kids education being disrupted for a day, or several, if it means that millions of children will benefit in the longer term. I've never viewed the education system merely as a babysitting service, but rather as something of much more importance.

I believe that is great parenting, rather than moan when teachers try and improve education in this country because it means I might be inconvenienced a little - now that is bad parenting, in my opinion.

As a parent, it is very difficult to have a voice with respect to the present government's legislation, that I believe is significantly harming education in this country. That's why I fully support any action taken by the teachers, because they are in a position to be heard and make a difference.

I'm fine with my kids education being disrupted for a day, or several, if it means that millions of children will benefit in the longer term. I've never viewed the education system merely as a babysitting service, but rather as something of much more importance.

I believe that is great parenting, rather than moan when teachers try and improve education in this country because it means I might be inconvenienced a little - now that is bad parenting, in my opinion.

As a parent, it is very difficult to have a voice with respect to the present government's legislation, that I believe is significantly harming education in this country. That's why I fully support any action taken by the teachers, because they are in a position to be heard and make a difference.

The dispute centres on the introduction of a new performance-related pay structure and tougher pension package, so how will millions of children benefit in the longer term because of this strike.

The dispute centres on the introduction of a new performance-related pay structure and tougher pension package, so how will millions of children benefit in the longer term because of this strike.

If we don't give teachers the salaries, conditions and pensions that the job merits, the profession will continue to lose excellent professionals, and standards will continue to fall.

Maybe the tougher pension package may led to teaching struggling to attract better teachers? Also, performance related pay may lead to many teachers choosing not to work in the more challenging schools.

Archived