National teachers' strike set for 26 March

I can't speak for everyone but some union members have kept their plans close to their chests in order to try and cause as much disruption as possible.

Most secondaries round my way are open with no interruption. Some primaries have closed school to a couple of year groups.

Just been through Devonshire Green ,there must be a couple of hundred people there now

---------- Post added 26-03-2014 at 12:27 ----------

I second you on that, I hope that tomorrows Strike does something positive for them.

I concur , good luck to all concerned

My husband is self employed, doesn't get holiday pay, and all parental leave is unpaid. He often works very long hours, comes home, and does paperwork all evening too. He doesn't have sick pay, a rolling contract of employment and his work is inspected annually. If a customer doesn't like his work it causes real problems, as they pay his wages. The rest of the country are either fighting to get jobs, or quite often doing two or three jobs rolled into one for the same money. Wake up!

Well what do you expect!?! Anyone who is self employed doesn't get paid leave or sick pay. It's called being self employed!! You and your husband shouldn't be moaning about it if that's what you signed up for!!

The world is your oyster, if you're cleaver enough and work hard enough, you could be millionaires this time next year, so take your moaning and shove it right up!!

So yet again Unions are being allowed to cause chaos and massive disruption across the country trying to hold the government to ransom for money as usual. This has to stop . Its time legislation was brought in to ban strikes by public sector workers . The police are not allowed to strike and neither should any other public sector be allowed to. The sooner the law is changed the better. If teachers arnt happy with their pay , then they , like everyone else are free to find another job. No one is forced to work for their employer, and if they dont like it they are free to leave ,but they should NOT be allowed to strike in an attempt to hold the government to ransom.

Well what do you expect!?! Anyone who is self employed doesn't get paid leave or sick pay. It's called being self employed!! You and your husband shouldn't be moaning about it if that's what you signed up for!!

The world is your oyster, if you're cleaver enough and work hard enough, you could be millionaires this time next year, so take your moaning and shove it right up!!

That's a bit uncalled for!

She's not complaining - just stating facts.

I see that only 1 union, out of 7, voted to go on strike.

Did any of the other unions vote, and then decided not to strike?

Does anyone know how many teachers there are, how many participated in the poll and how many voted to strike?

Does anyone know how many teachers there are, how many participated in the poll and how many voted to strike?

I'm still awaiting details, but for the last NUT strike, only 40% bothered to vote.

However, 96% voted yes, 4% voted no, so they classed that as an overwhelming majority!

Just watched the News and people are saying kids are suffering through this, they certainly don't know kids, they will be loving it! :hihi:

I'm sure some will be suffering.

They'll either have their parent(s) looking after them or missing their favourite lessons and/or teacher.

I'm sure some will be suffering.

They'll either have their parent(s) looking after them or missing their favourite lessons and/or teacher.

I'm sure the'lly get over things,:hihi: favourite lesson or favourite teacher, I certainly didn't have either of them, even though my school was Approved.:hihi:

Archived