Pound coins to be scrapped for new design

1 pound coins are nothing like 1 Euro, apart from being the same overall colour. They feel completely different, mostly because a pound coin is much thicker, however they have very similar diameter which is probably why a supermarket trolley accepts them. But in person, only somebody more than half asleep could accept 1 Euro for 1 pound.

Not looked through previous posts but won't the new £1 coin cause a lot if mayhem?...things like parking meters,self serve checkouts,supermarket trolleys,£1 coin operated toy dispensers (the ones you find in supermarkets) will all have to be changed won't they?

Not looked through previous posts but won't the new £1 coin cause a lot if mayhem?...things like parking meters,self serve checkouts,supermarket trolleys,£1 coin operated toy dispensers (the ones you find in supermarkets) will all have to be changed won't they?

I would not like to be the worker who reconfigures the entire Skegness amusement arcade network :hihi:

Like when the new 50p was introduced. And the new 10p. And the £2 coin. It was mayhem I tell you - a total catastrophe, we're still living with the aftermath today.

Won't somebody think of the children?

Like when the new 50p was introduced. And the new 10p. And the £2 coin. It was mayhem I tell you - a total catastrophe, we're still living with the aftermath today.

Won't somebody think of the children?

I can't see how that relates..... No trolleys use the £2 coin,a 50p piece or a 10p coin?......the toy machines are made to only recognise a £1 coin....again they do not use either £2 coin.50p or 10p.

Ticket machines etc are also made to recognise the £1 coin.not sure how they would change it to recognise the new shape.

Just saying......

Archived