How much Compensation

This is what is wrong with Britain these days!

Most people are only interested in compensation

Completely agree!

I fell down the stairs at my office, took complete responsibility for my own stupidity as i've been going up and down stairs for over 30 years and should know full well how to handle them!!!!

---------- Post added 19-03-2014 at 14:30 ----------

and can i just add that it's no wonder why businesses would rather get rid of the human element and replace with machines!!!

Go and ask your greedy solicitor how much you'll get and im sure they'll give you an ''honest'' answer whilst rubbing their hands together!

The answer the OP is looking for is:

Compensation awarded is highly variable, it depends entirely on your own set of circumstances and the injury in question.

Anyone who claims to be able to tell you how much money to expect is probably lying (the no-win, no-fee brigade are particularly good at that)

Im greedy because my old firm provided me with wrong tools, and if i didn't use them i wouldn't have a income for my family, My wrist is no longer the same because of them. why shouldn't i claim

so you would of been given the boot for refusing to use the tools you KNEW to be incorrect for the job?

so you would of been given the boot for refusing to use the tools you KNEW to be incorrect for the job?

The tool i was using had the wrong handle in, at the time i dint realise, nobody did until health and safety did investigation. I was contracting, if i refused to work with what i was provided , they would get someone who would TRUST ME

Is that difficult to believe or unlikely?

It's not dificult to believe at all, they are plenty of people who will accept that a job needs to be done regardless of the possibilities of accidents! What i find hard to believe is that anyone would think they would lose their job if they refused to use a tool to do a job if they knew the risks...

common sense would put an end to a lot of the solicitors and claimants out for a pound

Completely agree!

I fell down the stairs at my office, took complete responsibility for my own stupidity as i've been going up and down stairs for over 30 years and should know full well how to handle them!!!!

---------- Post added 19-03-2014 at 14:30 ----------

and can i just add that it's no wonder why businesses would rather get rid of the human element and replace with machines!!!

Go and ask your greedy solicitor how much you'll get and im sure they'll give you an ''honest'' answer whilst rubbing their hands together!

Steady on chelle:hihi: Ive never claimed for anything myself,but if the o/p was completly blameless and still suffering,then he might be entitled.If you had fell down the stairs due to something being spilt,would you have still took complete responsibility.

The tool i was using had the wrong handle in, at the time i dint realise, nobody did until health and safety did investigation. I was contracting, if i refused to work with what i was provided , they would get someone who would TRUST ME

Then my sincerest apologies, if you nor the management failed to realise at the time then fare do's...

But there a lot of cases where people have still gone on to use something they know to be faulty etc then something has happened, and a lot of people still seem to think they'll get the sack for refusing to use faulty tools etc.

This is simply not true.

Archived