No Make Up on Facebook anymore

I keep going on the Facebook website but what is happening there? Everyone I am friends with keeps going on about women taking photographs of themselfs removing all their make up step by step in order to cure cancer. What is this weird thing? I’ve seen some pictures and they are OK. It’s lovely to see them doing the natural thing and actually really brave in today’s arrogant society. But some other people seem so very angry about it. Why are they angry? What are your opinions and views on this really surprising development?

They are taking pictures of themselves without make-up to raise awareness for Cancer Research, I believe.

One takes a picture, then nominates a friend or two to do the same, that's why it's spreading like wild fire!

From my personal experience, the pictures I've seen are beautiful! Some women wear far too much make-up these days.

I saw one that Holly Willoughby had taken the other day. She looks miles better without any!

I think people are getting "angry" about it because it doesn't actually do anything to raise awareness of cancer charities or money to fight cancer.

Everyone I am friends with keeps going on about women taking photographs of themselfs removing all their make up step by step in order to cure cancer.

Exactly - removing make up does nothing to help cure cancer.

I think people are getting "angry" about it because it doesn't actually do anything to raise awareness of cancer charities or money to fight cancer.

Yes it is very strange. I don't think they should be angry though. Some people want to take photos of themselfs removing their make up then leave them to it. No need to shout at them. It's good that they are trying to attack a bad cause (cancer) though. We all hate it and we all know people affected by it. Maybe these make up people could remind us when they next post.

It's good that they are trying to attack a bad cause (cancer) though.

They're not though.

There are many more worthwhile things that could be done in the time it takes them to remove their make up, photograph it, upload it and nominate others to do the same, that could actually help fight against cancer.

They're not though.

There are many more worthwhile things that could be done in the time it takes them to remove their make up, photograph it, upload it and nominate others to do the same, that could actually help fight against cancer.

Maybe. I don't know really. I think that about things like "It's time to wear a red nose day" or that sort of thing. It confuses me actually. People like Lenny Henry running round with a plastic red nose etc. Weird. How is that tackling crime or whatever its meant to be for?

You could say this "No Make Up" thing is sexist though. Am a man and so don't wear make up anyway. What am I meant to do? Strip away my skin? It's actually quite pathetic when you think hard about it.

Correct me if im wrong [it does happen:hihi:] but i was told that aswell as removing your make up,you had to also donate by txt for the privlage.:)

Maybe. I don't know really. I think that about things like "It's time to wear a red nose day" or that sort of thing. It confuses me actually. People like Lenny Henry running round with a plastic red nose etc. Weird. How is that tackling crime or whatever its meant to be for?You could say this "No Make Up" thing is sexist though. Am a man and so don't wear make up anyway. What am I meant to do? Strip away my skin? It's actually quite pathetic when you think hard about it.

Because the red nose sales raise funds, to do such as that:)

Archived