No Make Up on Facebook anymore

Maybe. I don't know really. I think that about things like "It's time to wear a red nose day" or that sort of thing. It confuses me actually. People like Lenny Henry running round with a plastic red nose etc. Weird. How is that tackling crime or whatever its meant to be for?

Comic Releif raises money for young people abroad. The noses are sold for money, which goes towards the charity. Lenny Henry, running around, encourages people to call in and donate money.

It would be a different matter entirely if these people were taking their make up off after receiving a few pounds to donate to cancer relief charities (although I think they may be overestimating the amount people actually care about seeing people without their make up).

Maybe. I don't know really. I think that about things like "It's time to wear a red nose day" or that sort of thing. It confuses me actually. People like Lenny Henry running round with a plastic red nose etc. Weird. How is that tackling crime or whatever its meant to be for?

You could say this "No Make Up" thing is sexist though. Am a man and so don't wear make up anyway. What am I meant to do? Strip away my skin? It's actually quite pathetic when you think hard about it.

I have seen a few blokes actually wearing makeup to raise awareness !

I'm going to have to have a long hard look at my friends list :hihi:

How does it generate money though ?

Awareness is one thing but how do cancer charities cash in on this ?

And why do a lot of those taking their picture seem to be pulling ugly faces aswell, don't they think no make up is enough ?

Yea actually!! I saw one earlier of my friend and she was pulling a face like she was trying to be sick! Absolutely disgusting actually. She looked ill in the face and looked like she was gurning to spew. That's going to make a guy not want to support her cause. It's what is called 'NEGATIVE PUBLICITY' and it is not a good thing actually. Weird. I didn't mind it at first but now I am thinking long and hard about it I am getting furious.

It would be a different matter entirely if these people were taking their make up off after receiving a few pounds to donate to cancer relief charities (although I think they may be overestimating the amount people actually care about seeing people without their make up).

I wonder how it works, I'm guessing that you get fed up of all the women gurning with no make up and then text in money to get them to stop it.

text STOP to ****** :hihi:

Most people who participate are just using it as yet another attention seeking, compliment fishing exercise. They actually want responses like 'oh you look gorgeous even without make up I'm well jealous (probably with lots of x's at the end because such people usually can't type more than one sentence without adding a lot of x's)' instead of 'your picture somehow inspired me to check my testicles for lumps'.

I think you're out of touch to be annoyed about all of this. little things can make a big impact, this idea has became viral and inspired others to do the same even the lads are joining in :) also it creates a larger awareness and I seen some people decide to donate and contribute to cancer charities because of it.

Most people who participate are just using it as yet another attention seeking, compliment fishing exercise. They actually want responses like 'oh you look gorgeous even without make up I'm well jealous (probably with lots of x's at the end because such people usually can't type more than one sentence without adding a lot of x's)' instead of 'your picture somehow inspired me to check my testicles for lumps'.

I have to post that last line on my facebook under someones picture :hihi::hihi:

These words are so harsh but they are so true. I liked reading that.

Maybe we could all post horrible comments on our friends' vile pictures? That would be a backfiring cannon to our make up free beauties wouldn't it!

not generating money, but raising awareness. If it leads to one person being saved after self examination, then it is worth it

I'm yet to see a single person reply to one of these photos "Your naked face made me remember to check for lumps".

Archived