No Make Up on Facebook anymore

I'm yet to see a single person reply to one of these photos "Your naked face made me remember to check for lumps".

Yes but there are loads that are donating aswell as posting their pic. Text BEAT to 70099 and £2.81 of the £3 goes to cancer research. If putting a picture on make up free makes 1 more person donate then I would say its a worth while exercise, and is definately raising awareness.

http://news.uk.msn.com/selfie-windfall-for-cancer-charity, there, it does work, many people have been inspired to donate through this.

Yes its not the best thing out there, BUT its using social media to its best advantage.

If you don't want to see the pics, scroll past, delete the offenders, or come off facebook for a few days, but stop trying to make people feel worthless for trying. It isn't harming you, it IS raising money, and quite possibly awareness (I have a few people posting pics of mastectomy scars).

I would rather see a million bare faced pics on my wall, than one numpty drinking the contents of their cleaning cupboard.

Most people who participate are just using it as yet another attention seeking, compliment fishing exercise. They actually want responses like 'oh you look gorgeous even without make up I'm well jealous (probably with lots of x's at the end because such people usually can't type more than one sentence without adding a lot of x's)' instead of 'your picture somehow inspired me to check my testicles for lumps'.

unfortunately I think you are right in some cases....if everyone donates that posts then it could raise millions for a good cause which is good :)

to be honest I have seen some pretty horrific pictures today :hihi:

I think people are getting "angry" about it because it doesn't actually do anything to raise awareness of cancer charities or money to fight cancer.

But a lot of them are posting that they've donated money too.

---------- Post added 19-03-2014 at 23:52 ----------

What a bunch of cynical ignorant idiots you are! For a start, as I have al;ready said, people ARE donating to Cancer Research while posting these pictures. As far as I was aware, it's part of the 'game', take a make-up free selfie and donate to Cancer Research. Also, who gives a monkeys if they donate or not?! It's raising awareness and that's a good thing in it's self.

Some of the posts on this thread really does give an insight to some of the backward thinking, negativity that thrives on this forum!

What a bunch of cynical ignorant idiots you are! For a start, as I have al;ready said, people ARE donating to Cancer Research while posting these pictures. As far as I was aware, it's part of the 'game', take a make-up free selfie and donate to Cancer Research. Also, who gives a monkeys if they donate or not?! It's raising awareness and that's a good thing in it's self.

Some of the posts on this thread really does give an insight to some of the backward thinking, negativity that thrives on this forum!

:thumbsup:

But a lot of them are posting that they've donated money too.

Most of them aren't though. On my feed only a few have mentioned anything about donating money, and all of them appeared this evening, hours after I posted my comment. Like I said in a later post, it would be a different matter if they were actually raising money, and if some are, good on them.

Now we've got that sorted, next can people learn that taking selfies that point right up your nose is never a flattering pose, regardless of makeup quantity.

Most of them aren't though. On my feed only a few have mentioned anything about donating money, and all of them appeared this evening, hours after I posted my comment. Like I said in a later post, it would be a different matter if they were actually raising money, and if some are, good on them.

Now we've got that sorted, next can people learn that taking selfies that point right up your nose is never a flattering pose, regardless of makeup quantity.

I've looked over the last 2 days on my feed and most of them have donated. Oh, and most of them have taken amazing pictures and actually look better without the make-up.

Maybe it's the company you keep??

I have 23 friends on facebook and of the 3 people who have posted, 1 has said they've donated. The other 2 may have, I haven't asked.

Facebook is pretty big. If 1 in 3 donates it would make a lot of money. Even if it is only 1 in 20, it's some fairly big cash.

I expect the papers to pick up on this. They will no doubt have info from Cancer charities, and we can see from that whether it has increased their incomes in any noticeable way.

Archived