Best pint of ale in Sheffield

mancmart

I don't know if it's been done before, but I'll do it anyway.

What in your opinions is the best pint in Sheffied?

Now it could be (in a) a pub that does loads of good ales, or one that isn't so much famouse for having lots of ales, but has one outstanding pint.

So I'll start the ball rolling with my favourites,

3) Wainwright at The old Queen's head

2) Farmer's blonde at Kelham Island tavern

1) Tetley's (that's right try it!) at Fagan's

No, no and no.

And as for the guy who suggested Doom Bar... please, I implore you. I know that people's tastes are different, but maybe if you could just try something that actually HAS some taste...?

I will agree with anyone who has suggested Oakham, Flying Dog or something from DaDa. But for regular beers you will usually find around Sheffield you should really try:

Abbeydale Absolution - in The Dev Cat

Brew Company Crazy Horse - in The Harlequin

Thornbridge Jaipur - ANYWHERE but the Stags Head

(really bad pint of that there last Saturday for some reason)

Abbeydale Moonshine in the Grapes, Trippets Lane. Impeccably and consistently well kept and served pint. Crystal clear and served at the perfect temperature. Every. Single. Time.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 13:41 ----------

Tetley's in Fagans seconded.

I pretty much hate Tetleys as a pint but I love it in there. Don't know what Tom does with it but he does it well.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 13:43 ----------

Oh, and the Guinness in both of the above is, IMHO, the best in Yorkshire, if not England.

No, no and no.

And as for the guy who suggested Doom Bar... please, I implore you. I know that people's tastes are different, but maybe if you could just try something that actually HAS some taste...?

I will agree with anyone who has suggested Oakham, Flying Dog or something from DaDa. But for regular beers you will usually find around Sheffield you should really try:

Abbeydale Absolution - in The Dev Cat

Brew Company Crazy Horse - in The Harlequin

Thornbridge Jaipur - ANYWHERE but the Stags Head

(really bad pint of that there last Saturday for some reason)

If I were going to mention a local beer the one that stands out the most is The Brew Company Hop Ripper at the Harlequin.

Abbeydale Moonshine in the Grapes, Trippets Lane. Impeccably and consistently well kept and served pint. Crystal clear and served at the perfect temperature. Every. Single. Time.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 13:41 ----------

Tetley's in Fagans seconded.

I pretty much hate Tetleys as a pint but I love it in there. Don't know what Tom does with it but he does it well.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 13:43 ----------

Oh, and the Guinness in both of the above is, IMHO, the best in Yorkshire, if not England.

Guinness in Fagans is amazing. Reminded me of the taste in Dublin. (Not relevant but in Dublin the best bar to drink Guinness in is the Brazen Head).

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Guinness in Fagans is amazing. Reminded me of the taste in Dublin. (Not relevant but in Dublin the best bar to drink Guinness in is the Brazen Head).

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I remember Dublin-brewed Guinness was always better than London-brewed Guinness.. but now it's all brewed in Dublin, and bloody rubbish!

Archived