Tories budget ad 'beyond satire'

They can't really win can they. If they'd put tax up, then every post would be 'same old tories punishing the poorer people', yet if they lower it, it's 'just trying to wins votes' or whatever.

I doubt people will go to bingo halls in droves, but numbers seem to be dwindling since I used to work there. I'd rather see people going rto bingo halls than all these bookkmakers that labour allowed to open.

I don't think the policy is the problem here at all. The issue is Michael Green/Grant Schapps utterly cack-handed attempts to sell the policy to voters.

To be honest though, Michael Green/Grant Schapps is IMHO the worst Tory frontbencher. The man who gave us the bedroom tax as housing minister. I don't mind him so much as Tory party chairman as it's only the Tories re-election prospects he's screwing up.

I don't think the policy is the problem here at all. The issue is Michael Green/Grant Schapps utterly cack-handed attempts to sell the policy to voters.

To be honest though, Michael Green/Grant Schapps is IMHO the worst Tory frontbencher. The man who gave us the bedroom tax as housing minister. I don't mind him so much as Tory party chairman as it's only the Tories re-election prospects he's screwing up.

So how would you solve the council housing crisis cheaply?

Why do you think it is cheap?

Cause there are unused rooms in housing subsidised by the taxpayer. Many people are looking for houses big enough for their family, but the room blockers in under occupied houses can move into smaller houses with fewer bedrooms. Saves building new houses. Seems the cheapest option to me. Have you got a cheaper one?

Cause there are unused rooms in housing subsidised by the taxpayer. Many people are looking for houses big enough for their family, but the room blockers in under occupied houses can move into smaller houses with fewer bedrooms. Saves building new houses. Seems the cheapest option to me. Have you got a cheaper one?

In short there is no cheap option to the housing crisis. There can't be.

Archived