Tories budget ad 'beyond satire'

Of course it would cost something, but it may part solve the housing problem. Do you have a cheaper solution. I ask again

Actually the bedroom tax is supposed to save money. It might not.

I've already answered - there are no cheap solutions. No quick fixes. No shortcuts. The bedroom tax, if it worked, is a miniscule part of the solution. It's actually not a bad idea but the implementation has been disastrous.

Actually the bedroom tax is supposed to save money. It might not.

I've already answered - there are no cheap solutions. No quick fixes. No shortcuts. The bedroom tax, if it worked, is a miniscule part of the solution. It's actually not a bad idea but the implementation has been disastrous.

I haven't got the numbers - but the number of spare rooms roughly equates to the number of people waiting for a council house. So it may well work in the long run. I don't see how it was badly implemented.

I assume there isn't a cheaper solution that you can think of. So this solution seems to be the best to you ( unless you have a cheaper better option) I should stop criticising it if I were you..... unless...... one more time (this will be the last time I ask) enlighten me what would be a better/cheaper way?

I haven't got the numbers - but the number of spare rooms roughly equates to the number of people waiting for a council house. So it may well work in the long run. I don't see how it was badly implemented.

I assume there isn't a cheaper solution that you can think of. So this solution seems to be the best to you ( unless you have a cheaper better option) I should stop criticising it if I were you..... unless...... one more time (this will be the last time I ask) enlighten me what would be a better/cheaper way?

Listen, I have not once said there is a cheap option. I don't know where you got that idea! I also don't know where you got the idea that the bedroom tax is the solution to the housing crisis. It could be a good but minor part of long-term strategy if done right but they screwed it up. Even the Tories don't see the bedroom tax as the only part of the solution - look at help to buy, planning changes etc...

Of course it would cost something, but it may part solve the housing problem. Do you have a cheaper solution. I ask again

The cheapest way would be to build several million new houses. That would employ hundreds of thousands of people. Increase the tax take. Decrease the benefit bill. Drive down rents. Reduce the housing benefit bill.

What's not to like?

I made my own up

http://imgur.com/a/Fxt63

---------- Post added 21-03-2014 at 00:02 ----------

The cheapest way would be to build several million new houses. That would employ hundreds of thousands of people. Increase the tax take. Decrease the benefit bill. Drive down rents. Reduce the housing benefit bill.

What's not to like?

It would put down property prices so banks and people who invest in them will loose money, just the sort of people that the conservatives buddy up to so it will never happen.

Here we go again, a thread criticising a tory budget and someone has to retaliate with Labour this, Labour that .... Mt dad's bigger than your dad etc. Save it for the playground

From the poster whos retorts include Camerloon, Disastrous Dave and calling everyone he doesn't like "Tory bully boys, Tory thugs and Right-Wing thugs" :roll:

From the poster whos retorts include Camerloon, Disastrous Dave and calling everyone he doesn't like "Tory bully boys, Tory thugs and Right-Wing thugs" :roll:

So of all the posts you could have had a chip at you decided to try and pick on me. You haven't learned have you?

And to be honest, your pathetic atempt is trying to troll and discredit and hopefully get a mod to close down this thread because it criticises the political party you try to acclaim alliance to.

Seems cheapest solution to me - you got a cheaper one?

So are you actually claiming that now the bedroom tax is in that the council housing crisis has been solved?

---------- Post added 21-03-2014 at 13:21 ----------

Cause there are unused rooms in housing subsidised by the taxpayer. Many people are looking for houses big enough for their family, but the room blockers in under occupied houses can move into smaller houses with fewer bedrooms. Saves building new houses. Seems the cheapest option to me. Have you got a cheaper one?

Are houses with fewer bedrooms readily available then? Last I heard there were many people wanting one or two bedroom accommodation so that they could move out of the three bedroom houses but there were none available. I didnt realise that an undocumented feature of the bedroom tax was the magical appearance of suitable accommodation. Thank you for clearing up that oversight in my knowledge

Archived