Tonsils hospital Sheffield

biker

Shirle Hill Tonsellectomy Hosital!! I too have horrible memories and remember my mother taking me there on a tram with wooden seats. We weren't allowed any visitors until it was time to go home - don't know how long that was but it seemed like forever.

Fred4

• 2 months later...

Had mine out at Infirmary in 1943 when I was 4. Pre NHS and wartime did not make for a good experience. About 250 kids in the ward and early ones were being carried back with blood on their clothes before we were anaesthetised. (we all wore our ordinary clothes. I was discharged with the others at 12.00, even tho my dad was working ang had been promised that I would remain on the ward until 1.00. I stood on the steps with a basin to spit blood into for an hour.

My brother had his removed by the doctor on our kitchen table!

Had mine out at Infirmary in 1943 when I was 4. Pre NHS and wartime did not make for a good experience. About 250 kids in the ward and early ones were being carried back with blood on their clothes before we were anaesthetised. (we all wore our ordinary clothes. I was discharged with the others at 12.00, even tho my dad was working ang had been promised that I would remain on the ward until 1.00. I stood on the steps with a basin to spit blood into for an hour.

My brother had his removed by the doctor on our kitchen table!

OMG ! And folk complain about the NHS today!

Archived