Finding a good toilet

In answer to your questions.

1. If weight is an issue then make a point of eating less and exercising regularly.

2. Try cleaning your toilet on a regular basis.

3. I think most toilets are fairly reliable in that they tend to stick around and don't go astray.

4. How long are you intending on staring at it for? When you are using it you can barley see it anyway.

5. So you're planning on sticking around for a while during your visit? You could always affix a newspaper rack to the wall and install a teasmaid.

I hope this feedback is of some help to you.

Thank you for all the replies. Every one was either useful or made me laugh. And thanks especially to the Forum user who sent me a private message with advice about a helpful Sheffield store.

If I find some more detailed answers, I'll share them here.

I'm looking for a new toilet for our home.

It's really hard to find good reviews or information, because the topic isn't very nice -- but we all need toilets and I hope you won't mind me asking.

I think we're expected to just go to a bathroom fixtures shop or B&Q and pick the one that looks good and we can afford. But I notice that some toilets really work much better than others, and it is this info I can't seem to find. (There are some decent American sites, but when I found models I like on them, I can't find them here in Sheffield.)

The criteria that are important to me.

1. Comfortable/large enough. A lot of new toilets are not a good size for even moderately fat people.

2. Tends to resist "skid marks". No toilet is perfect for this, but there is a great deal of variation, and it would be nice to have one that doesn't require brushing every time.

3. Is reliable.

4. Isn't hideous looking.

5. Would prefer a side handle to top button so we can keep reading material on top of the tank.

I thought I had the problem sussed. I would just find a toilet in a public place that I like, and buy one of those. But it appears the home market is completely different from the commercial market.

Anyway, if any of you know of good toilets, or good sites for information, I'd be very grateful for your advice.

--Dozer

Just Use Next Door's Bog.:D

The fold-up TOILET: Twistable design saves space in the bathroom - and 10,000 litres of water per person a year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2574920/The-fold-TOILET-Twistable-design-saves-space-bathroom-10-000-litres-water-person-year.html#ixzz2witINu6J

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thank you for all the replies. Every one was either useful or made me laugh. And thanks especially to the Forum user who sent me a private message with advice about a helpful Sheffield store.

If I find some more detailed answers, I'll share them here.

You need to Teflon coat inside the bog. Then they will slide down like logs on a log-flume and no stains..

Go to a bathroom showroom and test the comfort of them by having a sit down on several different models,as has been suggested.But make sure you keep your mind on what you are doing and concentrate.Don't for heavens sake do what I did and forget for a minute where you are and inadvertantly test them for,shall we say, function as well as comfort.The court case is still pending.

Archived