Deportees security guards can be charged with manslaughter?

how can this be right that this deportee Jimmy Mubenga g4s guards can be charged with manslaughter? surely if the deportee had been peaceful and calm when put on the plane he would not have had to be restrained?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26665039

I thought we had a bit more class ab. He got sent packing but surely the UK is capable of finding people who can get someone on an aircraft without killing them.

I'm not complaining about this man being deported - I'm saying that if people need to be restrained they should be restrained safely, without being killed in the process.

How do you know he wasn't ?

Or do you imagine they put the restraints around his neck ?

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 20:12 ----------

I'm sure people here take a great deal of risk in getting here, I see it as all been part and parcel of that risk.

Personally though I would just sedate them all and bring them round when their in the country they have returned to.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Oh mega, you can get someone on a plane without killing them!

Personally i don't care how much force they use. Yeah i'd prefer no-one was injured, but to be honest i've absolutely no interest in their welfare whatsoever if they resist. They know the score, if they choose to become violent that's their worry.

With respect, stop making excuses for him ! He was ordered out and shouldn't have resisted. If it had played out that way there wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm not making excuses for him (see my post 33).

It's not permissible to use excessive force on prisoners/detainees in custody.

The 3 guards are being brought to court.

I don't know whether they used excessive force or not.

A jury will decide.

Why are you sure? It's highly unlikely that using safe, approved methods of restraint would result in someone's death.

No. If a person is restrained using safe techniques they'll tire themselves out before they come to serious harm.

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 19:53 ----------

I'm saying nothing of the sort - you seem to be willfully misinterpreting what I said.

I'm not complaining about this man being deported - I'm saying that if people need to be restrained they should be restrained safely, without being killed in the process.

No I'm not, it's called a leading question. How would you dealing with an ultra violent person who would rather die than be deported?

There was an inquest last July where a jury reached a verdict of unlawful killing. If the men were culpable for the death of their prisoner, then its only right they should be tried.

There are recognised methods and standards of dealing with difficult prisoners. The trial will obviously look at all the evidence and if the guards fell criminally below those standards. I cant see what the problem is.

Archived