Embassy/Foxwood - Mansfield Road.

OwlsChick

hi there , this is my first post on this forum . i thought i must reply to the embassy thread .

my name is pete leary and i am the dj in the foxwood bar ( part of the embassy club ) my brother paul is the dj in the embassy ( club part )

its a top night on a friday and saturday . fridays i play all the old tunes and party stuff till 12am . at 10.30 we open the joining doors to the embassy room and have both rooms on the go at the same time . our paul plays charts dance and r & b till . the embassy room shuts at 1am .

starting from november i shall also be playing in the foxwood , every saturday nights too .

hope to see you all there soon

pop it on pete

;) ;) ;)

• 9 months later...

ive not been to the Embo for about 10 years !! , had some of the best nights ever in there tho (and roxys down town !!!) , sad or what :hihi: :hihi:

I lived on Scowerdons back then so could walk there after going round pubs on Birley and the Plover , had to get taxi back tho , could never stand upright after a night there !.

We all used to meet up at the Foxwood , about 10 of us , and just have a right laugh , standing in a circle singing along to Oasis at the tops of our voices , " Your my Wonderwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal " . We sounded terrible after about 10 pints , especially the lads (only joking , sorry boys !!) Those were the days !!

Lost touch with most of the lads now , we should have a big reunion , anyone who used to go in the Embo alot about 1995 - 1998 , Smit , Jock n Noz ( who both used to go out with Lisa , not at the same time tho :hihi:) are a few names that spring to mind , not seen em for years they all used to go in the Plover alot tho, PM me if any of you are reading or anyone knows any of them .

I think we all just grew up , got married , had kids n stuff n didnt go there any more , yes , the more i think about it a reunion does sound like a good idea !

Karen xx

ooo, i've been to the embassy (some years ago now tho) ... we use to call it F a F night ... i couldnt possibly explain that on a family forum tho :o

It used to be full of middle aged women with bleached hair and see through blouses on and young randy lads. ... we used to sit and watch .. it was like in-house entertainment! :hihi:

I am going back about 15 years now ... so its probably changed completely. :D

ooo, i've been to the embassy (some years ago now tho) ... we use to call it F a F night ... i couldnt possibly explain that on a family forum tho :o

It used to be full of middle aged women with bleached hair and see through blouses on and young randy lads. ... we used to sit and watch .. it was like in-house entertainment! :hihi:

I am going back about 15 years now ... so its probably changed completely. :D

Sure you dont mean Grab a Granny night?...used to be so funny watching the 50 year old women pulling the 20 year old lads!!!

I used to work there about 12 years ago...when Darren was manager..and the bar staff were all **** heads lol...used to work in the Foxwood till that shut,then went up into Embo,finished whenever the last people had been chucked out..cleaned up a bit....then we all stayed till about 5am getting ******,eating pizza..and having a good laugh,and i was 16 at the time!!!!

Was a very good laugh...great atmosphere...i last went in about 3 years ago...and there was no atmosphere..found it pretty boring..that was in the Foxwood..didnt go in Embo

A mate of mine goes in there a lot..and the girls i work with are always there on a friday night,and they love it!!

Sure you dont mean Grab a Granny night?...used to be so funny watching the 50 year old women pulling the 20 year old lads!!!

I used to work there about 12 years ago...when Darren was manager..and the bar staff were all **** heads lol...used to work in the Foxwood till that shut,then went up into Embo,finished whenever the last people had been chucked out..cleaned up a bit....then we all stayed till about 5am getting ******,eating pizza..and having a good laugh,and i was 16 at the time!!!!

Was a very good laugh...great atmosphere...i last went in about 3 years ago...and there was no atmosphere..found it pretty boring..that was in the Foxwood..didnt go in Embo

A mate of mine goes in there a lot..and the girls i work with are always there on a friday night,and they love it!!

I may have worked with you! I collected glasses there about 10-13 years ago when Darren was the manager. Fridays nights were great entertainment watching all those desperate blokes trying to Kop off in time for the last dance and a s**g round the back. lol

Archived