Blue/white headlights

totaly agree and something to be done about being stood (parked)_ with headlights on, olso parked on wrong side of road in dark hours taxis appear to be the worst culprits of this , also one eyed monsters from bottom of Beever Hill road to Normanton Spring tonight i oberserved 5 cars with only one h/light working while on subject cyclists with no lights , one told he did not require them now a days new law ??

totaly agree and something to be done about being stood (parked)_ with headlights on, olso parked on wrong side of road in dark hours taxis appear to be the worst culprits of this , also one eyed monsters from bottom of Beever Hill road to Normanton Spring tonight i oberserved 5 cars with only one h/light working while on subject cyclists with no lights , one told he did not require them now a days new law ??

If there was street lighting then lights are not a legal requirement. See highway code rule 113

use headlights at night, except on a road which has lit street lighting. These roads are generally restricted to a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) unless otherwise specified

Bikes however MUST have lights at night. Rule 60.

At night your cycle MUST have white front and red rear lights lit.

jb

................as a migraine sufferer, these blue lights are a menace, particularly if they catch you as you turn a corner and come face to face with them.

I know, scary aren't they? I think they usually have friends with them too, when you get big groups of blue lights, well, I wouldn't like to think what could happen.

................as a migraine sufferer, these blue lights are a menace, particularly if they catch you as you turn a corner and come face to face with them.

If blue lights are that scarey how do you cope with an oncoming emergency vehicle then?

Archived