Inequality for all

Just seen this brilliant film documentary (inequality for all), which addresses the issue of a widening gap between the rich and the poor.

Also big business, globalisation, and business lobbying of politicians (which seems a lot like bribes for favourable taxation rules).

Would recommend it to anyone.

One take away, was how nobody is really looking out for the interests of the working and middle classes. We're just getting more and more screwed by the system; so, what can be done? How can the little guy change the system so it's not shafting him anymore?

One (probably quite crazy) idea I had, was to threaten the establishment with mass voluntary imprisonment. If a critical mass of people say, we're not going to work ourselves to death like rats on a wheel, for a system that is screwing us, instead we're all going to opt out, and demand that you imprison, cloth and feed us. Would that shake things up? Sure, you'd need like 10% of the population to go along with the idea ... at least it would give the working man some leverage and negotiating power?

Sometimes, when something isn't working for you, isn't the best course of action to stick a spanner in the works and break the system?

Also, for people who are so poor and maybe in debt, who are struggling to feed and provide for themselves; wouldn't they be better off going to a police station, and asking to be imprisoned (fed, clothed, sheltered) for say 1 year.

If the police refuse, just ask what non violent crime does a person need to commit in order to get 1 year in prison? I would think it's better to be in prison, than living rough on the streets and starving and being at the mercy of the elements.

Also, for people who are so poor and maybe in debt, who are struggling to feed and provide for themselves; wouldn't they be better off going to a police station, and asking to be imprisoned (fed, clothed, sheltered) for say 1 year.

If the police refuse, just ask what non violent crime does a person need to commit in order to get 1 year in prison? I would think it's better to be in prison, than living rough on the streets and starving and being at the mercy of the elements.

They'd probably section you. They have ultimate control over your destiny that way.

How many millions of people can they afford to section

You need a critical mass of people to get things done. That is, in my opinion, one of the driving factors behind most governments desire to control and manipulate the Internet and social media. Knowledge is power.

How many millions of people can they afford to section

They'd consider other ways of disposal but it would be bt gassing, far too expensive. I'm seeing similarities between the current UK government and Nazi Germany. I'm not the only one either.

One (probably quite crazy) idea I had, was to threaten the establishment with mass voluntary imprisonment. If a critical mass of people say, we're not going to work ourselves to death like rats on a wheel, for a system that is screwing us, instead we're all going to opt out, and demand that you imprison, cloth and feed us. Would that shake things up? Sure, you'd need like 10% of the population to go along with the idea ... at least it would give the working man some leverage and negotiating power?

Yeah, completely barking. Prison places for several million people, easy.

Archived