Dronfield 10k, is it a hard course?

I presume its still the same as previous years. You start by doing a slight incline followed by a small flat loop. Then its a downhill stretch to sainsburys. After that is the uphill run past fletchers and the tropical fish warehouse and back round the park. You have to do the second section twice. I would say an average time is approx 45-50 mins

Tomorrow will be the sixth time I have done it. It is a pretty hilly start and then a long downhill where you shouldn`t get carried away because the hill back up is a long old drag that you do twice. Also worth knowing that it does not finish where it started, rather it is a bit further on in Singelfingen Park. I would say that it is quite a tough course and you need to go steady on the first lap. Have a good un!

Only done it the once, back in 2006. Tempted to give it another go, just to see how my time compares then and now. If it's the same route as 2006, I'd say it's pretty hilly...

Good luck everyone doing it, hopefully will be more or less sunny in the morning. :)

Archived