Does anyone know of digs in liverpool next w/e been let down by hotel

hi we booked the britania adelphi hotel in liverpool about weeks ago through travelstye in chesterfield it was £89 each half board per night , we wanted t 28t till 30th 2 nights 2 rooms 4 people, now only yesterday the company sent us a letter saying they have cancelled our fully paid for holiday due to unseen circumstances , we rung the adelphi up only to fine they have a conference that weekend and they have chucked us out of our booked rooms for them , we have tried to book everywhere with no luck at all , theres a few £1000 for 2 nights hotels no thanks lol

the other problem is ive fully paid for train tickets that are non refundable at £129 for the 4 of us , i dont know how they can do this at such short notice , can anyone help or know of any city centre b&bs etc. please pm me if need be,many thanks

no chance everywhere is fully booked , we are going to loose our £129 train tickets , this comapny is really poor. travelstyle and adelphi , i ought to be getting compo.

Have you done a search using self catering or holiday flats Liverpool? There are some that's either direct contact with the owners or through a holiday letting agency. How about private rooms at a youth hostel? Any luck?

I just checked on hotels.com and the hotel you are booked still seems to have rooms available, although a much higher price than you were quoted.

Who has cancelled the booking, the hotel or the travel agent? And had you paid for it in advance?

I stayed at the Adelphi about 6 months ago and it was crap.

Mind you, I only paid £39 for the night.

If you pay by card, they charge you an extra £2. No big deal but how many pay by cash nowadays.

I use Booking.com to book any hotel and you don't pay in advance.

Some agencies may have rooms reserved for them so this may explain why it may not be available on booking.com but is on offer on hotels.com

Last minute reservation may be more expensive.

Some agencies will give you the offer to pay in advance.

You will get a cheaper price, but you can't cancel.

Thistle Liverpool City Centre has 2 rooms available for £588 on Booking.com

Also try Campanile Liverpool and Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock.

Archived