Blocked ears..yet again

I suffer from nasal congestion and this effects my hearing and I get a popping and deafness in my ears

I purchased one of these from boots its designed to re balance the air pressure in your ears it worked for me not had any trouble since ! I'm not saying this is ok for your problem if it's wax that's causing it but take a look it's helped me tho.

Might have other uses if it's crap :hihi:

There a review online where somebody used it to pick a safe lock :cool:

I'm just thinking once I've had my ears syringed/unblocked (hopefully tomorrow) it will be useful to check and possibly clean them in the future ...

---------- Post added 23-03-2014 at 22:56 ----------

I suffer from nasal congestion and this effects my hearing and I get a popping and deafness in my ears

I purchased one of these from boots its designed to re balance the air pressure in your ears it worked for me not had any trouble since ! I'm not saying this is ok for your problem if it's wax that's causing it but take a look it's helped me tho.

Interesting video! I had a go at doing it without the machine but nothing happened lol

I'm just thinking once I've had my ears syringed/unblocked (hopefully tomorrow) it will be useful to check and possibly clean them in the future ...

Interesting video! I had a go at doing it without the machine but nothing happened lol

Good luck, if it does not work at least you will be rich :D

Yes I tried many times to pop my ears without the machine and had no joy ! But this did work for me a tend to use it every couple of days my hearing is ok now the machine cost me £99 I think and you can order on line and collect in store.

http://www.boots.com/en/Ear-Popper-Ear-Relief-Device_1305071/

Some years ago, I bought one of these together with some hydrogen peroxide. A week of warm olive oil in the ear followed by around 10 squirts (gentle) of a water / peroxide mix flushed out some horrendous stuff including a large matted and green plug that still makes my stomach churn to think about it!! A couple of other family members achieved similar results. Now, a quick couple of blasts when relaxing in a hot bath seems to have resolved the issues permanently.

Some years ago, I bought one of these together with some hydrogen peroxide. A week of warm olive oil in the ear followed by around 10 squirts (gentle) of a water / peroxide mix flushed out some horrendous stuff including a large matted and green plug that still makes my stomach churn to think about it!! A couple of other family members achieved similar results. Now, a quick couple of blasts when relaxing in a hot bath seems to have resolved the issues permanently.

Did you get it from the states? How long did it take postage wise?

I sent to see the nurse yesterday afternoon but because the doctor from Saturday morning had given me anti_biotic drops she wouldn't syringe until I've finished the course. :-(

So another week of discomfort and hearing loss! This really makes you appreciate your hearing.

Hi Gruss. I bought ours in 2009 from the UK and it cost £39.50 which seemed a bit expensive for effectively a massive syringe with a bent end, but I guess not! I did a search for 'gentle giant' and found a guy who was at that time importing them from the States. His email address is (was): rolylewis-evans@talktalk.net - phone: 01202 632457 - and located in Poole, Dorset. He sent it on a next day delivery and the whole transaction went as well as it possibly could have done.

What I will say though is that it is much gentler than the kit used at the doctors surgeries. You can use just the right amount of water pressure to suit your own circumstances. It IS a bit of a faff and you get water absolutely everywhere, but persistence is the key. In my case, around 10 squirts of rather warm water/peroxide mix and the results were astounding. The sheer amount of junk that came out was really surprising.

Archived