'Shakes' for 'picky eaters'

I can't believe this! Parents with kids who are 'picky eaters' are being encouraged to buy a branded processed 'shake' drink (with dodgy name) for when the little dears refuse to eat normal meals. It's advertised as a nutritious product, yet the two main ingredients are water and sugar - and it contains artificial flavouring and colours.

Radical idea : if they turn their nose up at real food, what's wrong with banning snacks and sweets and letting them feel hungry until the next mealtime? They'll soon eat.

Picky eaters are created by their parents and a sugary shake is not a solution to the problem.

I can't believe this! Parents with kids who are 'picky eaters' are being encouraged to buy a branded processed 'shake' drink (with dodgy name) for when the little dears refuse to eat normal meals. It's advertised as a nutritious product, yet the two main ingredients are water and sugar - and it contains artificial flavouring and colours.

Radical idea : if they turn their nose up at real food, what's wrong with banning snacks and sweets and letting them feel hungry until the next mealtime? They'll soon eat.

Picky eaters are created by their parents and a sugary shake is not a solution to the problem.

D'you know it's funny, I first saw that advertised this evening & I thought, there are certain parts of this country where if anyone saw you with a bottle of that, they'd be standing outside your front door with pitchforks :hihi:

This reminds me of the story a few months ago about the boy who would only ever drink flavoured water and was suspended from school because it was against regulations. I can't find the thread but I was amazed at the number of SF posters who condemned the school and supported his mother.

Archived