Hs2 no chunnel linkup

How mad is this, its costing 43 billion and they have rulled out a europe linkup because it costs too much.....600 million extra, why are we so crap at foward planning?, hs2 with europe linkup should have happened automaticly

Do you have a link to this part of the post?

It does seem quite cheap.

I thought there was a fast link from London to the tunnel anyway?

Do you have a link to this part of the post? It does seem quite cheap. I thought there was a fast link from London to the tunnel anyway?

Just read it on bbc web site, hs2 comes into euston, chunnel goes from st pancras, so you gonba have to hoof it through the underground with luggage!!!, only in britain!!!

Yep, I am pretty ****** about that too. Really dumb, with the link I am certain a lot of people would pick the train over the ferry/car or plane. Now you have to add an hour to get across and make sure you don't miss the train at the other station.

Just read it on bbc web site, hs2 comes into euston, chunnel goes from st pancras, so you gonba have to hoof it through the underground with luggage!!!, only in britain!!!

Indeed. If you're travelling to the continent you might as well get on the train at Sheffield Midland station and travel using the existing line. At least you'll end up at St Pancras ready to hop on to HS1.

If the link was built, you'd still have to hoof it through the underground with luggage, as all the domestic trains would use Euston, and the international ones St Pancras. All the link would enable is the possibility of running through trains from the HS2 network - a possibility that is very unlikely to happen on a regular basis, due to demand, security and border control.

It's possible for trains from Glasgow / Birmingham / Leeds / Edinburgh to get into the international side of St Pancras today to allow through services. Doesn't happen, and we already gave the trains built for the job to the French after they sat over here collecting dust.

It's a shame it's not SimCity. I could fix that problem in minutes using the bulldoze tool :):hihi:

We could fix the problem using the bulldoze tool anyway - it's only a bit of London after all. ;)