Hs2 no chunnel linkup

We could fix the problem using the bulldoze tool anyway - it's only a bit of London after all. ;)

:hihi:

Maybe they think they can go cap in hand to Europe later on, saying it offeres them more direct access to the rest of the UK ?

France would go for that. They have a problem dealing with people wanting to get into England illegally as it is. They'd probably pay for extra axles fitting too.

Just read it on bbc web site, hs2 comes into euston, chunnel goes from st pancras, so you gonba have to hoof it through the underground with luggage!!!, only in britain!!!

Not necessarily, if this gets off the ground: "a 'lofty glazed tunnel with travelators' running down the centre of Euston Road could solve one of HS2’s fundamental design flaws.

The 'London Railport Bridge' would allow passengers to get off HS2 trains at Euston and travel along an airport-style walkway to St Pancras station."

Not necessarily, if this gets off the ground: "a 'lofty glazed tunnel with travelators' running down the centre of Euston Road could solve one of HS2’s fundamental design flaws.

The 'London Railport Bridge' would allow passengers to get off HS2 trains at Euston and travel along an airport-style walkway to St Pancras station."

That's just what I was thinking they might have thought of.

Personally I think the OP is making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill.

After all Euston to StP is 10 minutes walk. A whopping great 0.5 miles To be honest, by the time HS2 is built they will have sorting this piddling little issue out. There are airport terminals with far longer distances than that to cover with baggage yet thousands of people seem to manage it no problem.

A moving walk or people conveyor such as this and its problem solved.

Edited by ECCOnoob

That's just what I was thinking they might have thought of.

Personally I think the OP is making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill.

After all Euston to StP is 10 minutes walk. A whopping great 0.5 miles To be honest, by the time HS2 is built they will have sorting this piddling little issue out. There are airport terminals with far longer distances than that to cover with baggage yet thousands of people seem to manage it no problem.

A moving walk or people conveyor such as this and its problem solved.

Yep, the most nonsense I read with this hs2, is the time scale. The Chinese or Indians will have mastered time travel by the time it's finished.

Ooops!, sorry ... thought this was a thread about disulfanide. Sulphur hydrides being a favourite chemical compound of mine. Maybe I should start up my own thread about HS2 and its transportation to and from France and the rest of Europe.

Just read it on bbc web site, hs2 comes into euston, chunnel goes from st pancras, so you gonba have to hoof it through the underground with luggage!!!, only in britain!!!

Only clueless people would use the underground to get from Euston to St. Pancreas. It is a maximum half mile walk along Euston Road which would take 10 minutes at most

Yep, I am pretty ****** about that too. Really dumb, with the link I am certain a lot of people would pick the train over the ferry/car or plane. Now you have to add an hour to get across and make sure you don't miss the train at the other station.

An hour? The distance (between Euston and St. Pancreas) is equivalent to Sheffield Station to the bottom of West Street.

I like Sheffield and chose to live here but must say I am not surprised. Sheffield had nothing to offer people from the continent. Who the hell comes from abroad to see bloody Sheffield? There will be a maximum number of cities that can be connected to St. Pancreas, Sheffield will be way down the list.

I like Sheffield and chose to live here but must say I am not surprised. Sheffield had nothing to offer people from the continent. Who the hell comes from abroad to see bloody Sheffield? There will be a maximum number of cities that can be connected to St. Pancreas, Sheffield will be way down the list.

St Pancras is already directly connected to Sheffield.

Only clueless people would use the underground to get from Euston to St. Pancreas. It is a maximum half mile walk along Euston Road which would take 10 minutes at most

An hour? The distance (between Euston and St. Pancreas) is equivalent to Sheffield Station to the bottom of West Street.

The HS2 is designed to get people into London, not as a tourist train. It's a big commuter train essentially, not a quick way to get to Sheffield Arena to see One Direction or whatever is on. Not even as a way to get Paris quicker , let's face it - flying is cheaper and quicker.

At the risk of sounding controversial, it's the South East sucking more life out of the North without having to lower their house prices so the plebs can afford to live /shrug.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 00:55 ----------

*edit*

Although from another point of view, it could be seen as giving opportunities to dis-advantaged Northerns by providing work. Depends on your politics I guess :)

It's faster (and not much further) to walk, only a few hundred yards between them. No idea why they couldn't just route the line straight to st pancras anyway. It's just an all routes go to London policy, they don't want us to go to Europe & they don't want Europeans to come here too easily either. Couldn't have direct Sheffield to Brussels or Paris , then London doesn't get to take our money first.

Edited by anywebsite

Now you have to add an hour to get across and make sure you don't miss the train at the other station.

St Pancras is only 1/2 mile from Euston so may be quicker and easier to walk than get a tube.

Mind you, may be a problem if you've lots of luggage.

Not sure where you get the hour from.