Favourite place for a carvery

The Toby is just soooo busy that its noisy and you feel rushed.

You dont get time to loosen your belt, have a chat & enjoy your meal.

I highly recommend the rotisserie chicken at the Grays Inn on Eccy rd though. Amazing for only £8

I generally go on Saturday afternoons, after lunch but before the evening, and they are always dead, never had any probs. Same applies for the three other named. Dronfield one generally seems busier than the one at Parkhead.

I generally go on Saturday afternoons, after lunch but before the evening, and they are always dead, never had any probs. Same applies for the three other named. Dronfield one generally seems busier than the one at Parkhead.

i only ever fancy carvery on a Sunday to be honest.

We used to get everyone together but everyone has replaced hangovers with kids now so we dont do it as often as we used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I know this thread is regarding carveries but I'm just trying to get the word out about The Golden Lion, Alderson Rd, S2 4UB (Near Bramall Lane & London Rd). It is now serving Homemade Sunday Dinners for £5.95 every Sunday* from 12-3pm. They really are delicious! Kids meals are available and they get a free ice cream too.

The pub was recently refurbished so looks great and it's a family friendly pub with free parking on Sundays. Hope to see some of you soon.

*Unfortunately we are unable to serve Sunday dinners when Sheffield United are playing at home on the Sunday - which is rare. The kitchen is also unfortunately closed for one week only on Sun 13th April! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Archived