Limit Reunion - Genting Club - Sat. May 24 - 9pm

EccleRd22

'Take It To The Limit' became one of the most successful books in Sheffield's Waterstones when it was first released in autumn 2009.

It sold hundreds of copies within days of publication and outsold scores of national bestsellers that Christmas.

The book's launch party attracted members of Sheffield bands spanning the Human League to Pulp and Artery to Vice Versa (later to become ABC) and three sell out reunions followed.

Now, five years on, author Neil Anderson is revisiting 'Take It To The Limit' to mark its 5th anniversary.

He said: "I never envisaged how popular it would become. I still sells well nearly five years down the line but I've decided it's time to do an updated version.

"I've had numerous requests to do a Kindle edition and, as I didn't do one first time around, I'm releasing a fully updated digital edition in a few weeks time."

It's release will be marked by a special Limit Reunion club night headlined by original DJ Paul Unwin that takes place at Sheffield's Genting Club on Saturday, May 24.

There will also be the first ever public screening of the 'Last Night Of The Limit' which is being introduce by former Limit manager/Artery drummer Garry Wilson.

Sheffield's Limit venue ran on West Street from 1978 until 1991.

Tickets are £9 (clubnight) and £13 (clubnight and film screening) from http://www.takeittothelimit.info and, in person, Sheffield City Hall.

Please note there are no dress restrictions and this is strictly an over 18s event.

Archived