More gun madness in the USA..

Perhaps they think you've got a lot of money or an attractive wife/daughter.

Or perhaps they're coming for Hali's celery ;)

Armed home invasions are extremely rare - are you daft enough to suggest that the correct response to them is for everyone to be armed to the teeth?

I think you truly are.

If someone broke into your house with an Uzi, what would you like to try and defend yourself?

a. A knife

b. a baseball bat

c. A piece of celery

d. A Handgun

Your call

b. piece of celery. While he's looking rather confused at the idea of someone being rather more retarded than he is I then give him a good kick in the nuts. If I show a gun when he has the drop on me I don't stand a chance...celery is the way.

b. piece of celery. While he's looking rather confused at the idea of someone being rather more retarded than he is I then give him a good kick in the nuts. If I show a gun when he has the drop on me I don't stand a chance...celery is the way.

Go with the celery son :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 00:27 ----------

Americans are warped and perenially leaning towards 30's Germany in their [lack of] thinking.

Talk about a nation threatening to World peace?

What? All of them? White black red yellow? Christian Hindu Moslem Sikh? Hippy Rasta Redneck biker?

As long as we're not generalising here.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 00:31 ----------

Armed home invasions are extremely rare - are you daft enough to suggest that the correct response to them is for everyone to be armed to the teeth?

I think you truly are.

If it was legal, I'd have a handgun at home, just in case.

Don't think that's quite your description of armed to the teeth, but a handgun yes.

But only if I had been properly vetted by the police for ownership.

I know three people in Sheffield who have been held at gunpoint/shot by armed people in their houses. It happens

If someone broke into your house with an Uzi, what would you like to try and defend yourself?

a. A knife

b. a baseball bat

c. A piece of celery

d. A Handgun

Your call

I can count how many times this has happened to me on the fingers of my left nipple.

Perhaps it's because it's not possible to buy an Uzi in Walmart (ASDA) in the UK ?

Perhaps they think you've got a lot of money or an attractive wife/daughter.

Or perhaps they're coming for Hali's celery ;)

Seriously?

I live in an average house on a nice part of an OK street in a not very nice part of Sheffield and yet. . . I don't feel the need to carry a firearm.

Any burglar who robbed my home expecting to make off with a large amount of money would probably end up more disappointed than me.

You know, the only time I've ever been shot was with a pellet gun, when I was walking home from school. I'm lucky the thug who shot me wasn't armed with a real gun, don't you think?

What would have been the outcome then?

Less than two years after the Sandy Hook massacre claimed the lives of 20 young children and teachers the Georgia’s state House of Representatives passed a pro-gun bill by a landslide 112-58 vote, allowing people to carry firearms in bars, restaurants, churches, airports and primary school classrooms.

Will our American cousins ever be able to divorce themselves from their fatal insistence that loads of people carrying loads of guns is a good idea?

In the year after the Sandy Hook tragedy, according to the New York Times, US states passed a total of 39 laws intended to strengthen gun control - a step in the right direction and cause for optimism?

Yes, until you discover that during the same time frame 70 laws were passed to weaken it?

What will it take to make them change their minds?

Report from the Indy here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-us-state-thats-decided-its-alright-to-bring-your-gun-to-church-9215376.html

America seems destined to destroy itself. Its fascination with guns is mind numbing. Yes, guns dont kill people, people kill people. We all know that but we probably have just as many morons per capita as the States has but we have far far fewer gun killings. The reason is, our government wont let our morons kill themselves and innocent people with a variety of deadly weapons that in my opinion are fit only for the battlefield.

If only America would grow up and let go of their toy guns the world would be a much better place.

I know three people in Sheffield who have been held at gunpoint/shot by armed people in their houses. It happens

Not the "I know someone" baloney. If it's true the chances are that you're the one holding the gun or are part of a gang...

.....in Brooklyn:rolleyes:

Archived