More gun madness in the USA..

It's a fair point. Would you be happy with an American forum taking apart things that are clearly dear to us, binge drinking (home and abroad) for example.

Yes, I'd have no problem whatsoever with that. I think the cry of 'It's not your country so you can't talk about it' is utter nonsense.

Yes, I'd have no problem whatsoever with that. I think the cry of 'It's not your country so you can't talk about it' is utter nonsense.

Any other countries require putting to rights? Russia? Uganda? T'egypt ? France? Pakistan? Italy? I'm not sure why America needs thread after thread about gun control (or lack). I'll give to page 5 before it descends into "Americans are stupid", which on the whole, they aren't.

Any other countries require putting to rights? Russia? Uganda? T'egypt ? France? Pakistan? Italy? I'm not sure why America needs thread after thread about gun control (or lack). I'll give to page 5 before it descends into "Americans are stupid", which on the whole, they aren't.

Because it's an issue I feel strongly about - and other clearly do too.

It's a fair point. Would you be happy with an American forum taking apart things that are clearly dear to us, binge drinking (home and abroad) for example.

It's a very weak point, and a point repeatedly used to mask the seriousness of gun or any crime...it's just a more convoluted way of saying "la la la la Shhhhhhh! I don't wanna hear it"

When Brits step off the plane at Chicago or Florida..or any city for that matter they're possible victims, just as Americans touring here can also be.

The matter is the issue, not the soil its on. I can't see anyone switching off their TV when being informed of world events because it's "got nowt to do with us"

It's a very weak point, and a point repeatedly used to mask the seriousness of gun or any crime...it's just a more convoluted way of saying "la la la la Shhhhhhh! I don't wanna hear it"

When Brits step off the plane at Chicago or Florida..or any city for that matter they're possible victims, just as Americans touring here can also be.

The matter is the issue, not the soil its on. I can't see anyone switching off their TV when being informed of world events because it's "got nowt to do with us"

So if it's an issue if I go to America. Not really an issue if I don't though. However binge drinking yobbery by British youths could be an issue for an American tourist in the UK. Or Prague. Ibiza. Greece. If you were that concerned about gun crime in the states why would you go there?

So if it's an issue if I go to America. Not really an issue if I don't though.

I don't go to Australia but I have opinions on shark culling...which is an issue.

However binge drinking yobbery by British youths could be an issue for an American tourist in the UK.

It could, and you're right, and they have every right to voice an opinion, but binge drinking and yobbish behaviour is unlikely to get your brains blown out.

If you were that concerned about gun crime in the states why would you go there?

Because I have family and a lot of friends there..as do many others, but that's beside the point.

arent there threads on all newsworthy rights or wrongs? its what a forums for to talk about things, to discuss, to debate

why is this any different?

theres a thread about ukraine, theres threads where china and russia are mentioned

plenty whetre islamic countries are mentioned lol

france has been mentioned, germany?

or is this just a pick on halibut kind of we cant talk about such things sort of way? cos that what it seems like

I don't go to Australia but I have opinions on shark culling...which is an issue.

It could, and you're right, and they have every right to voice an opinion, but binge drinking and yobbish behaviour is unlikely to get your brains blown out.

Because I have family and a lot of friends there..as do many others, but that's beside the point.

Fair play on the last point and if you visit regularly you have more of a right to comment than most but you are in quite a small minority. Out of interest, do any of your friends/relatives own guns out there?

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 18:49 ----------

arent there threads on all newsworthy rights or wrongs? its what a forums for to talk about things, to discuss, to debate

why is this any different?

theres a thread about ukraine, theres threads where china and russia are mentioned

plenty whetre islamic countries are mentioned lol

france has been mentioned, germany?

or is this just a pick on halibut kind of we cant talk about such things sort of way? cos that what it seems like

Valid point about the Islamic threads - they only go one way and often the American threads only go one way too. Sadly the only defenders are Harleyman and buck who get waayyyy too defensive, the thread gets more and more infantile, more insults get chucked about. America has a lot of guns. Very very few of them kill people. Do they need ak47s about their person to keep them safe? Probably not, and Obama tried to get them restricted and failed. You could argue it was the influence of the NRA but I suspect it was down to the millions of gun owners who put pressure on their representatives to keep them.

If parliament decided to stick a quid on a pint of lager "for our own good" we'd hit the roof and take none to kindly any of our American brethren saying "well, you do have a binge drinking problem over there - it will save lives." It's in their DNA - even those who emigrated there. It's their thing, and not something I want in this country, but as far as I know whilst a few polls supported some gun control, most want the right to bear arms.

Archived