Time for big six energy companies to refund customers

Obelix are you worried that your Centrica shares will plummet ? :hihi:

What makes you think I have any Centrica shares specifically? Apart from the ones held as part of general tracker funds and in pension funds I don't own any generation or distribution company shares.

Rubbish. I said they couldn't build NEW PLANT.

Show me where I said that suppliers were not and could not be generators

Post #42:

'They haven't been allowed that role'

I'm struggling to understand what else you meant because they have been allowed it. Centric a have been building gas plant for example.

So tell me what on earth you meant :)

So you are going to trot out the same refuted statement?

Show me where I said that they were not allowed to generate as well as supply.

You can't. For the good reason that you trotted out a strawman because the only way you could "win" your argument was to lie.

For the same reason that you bleat on incessantly about "wouldn't you like lower prices" It's mindless populist crap that has no relevance to the debate but makes you look good.

Please come back when you have something to contribute, apart from whining that the prices are a bit high and those nasty energy companies are daring to make a profit.

I note you havent made any comment about the prices in the rest of the EU. People might appreciate how little we pay if you did that.

So you are going to trot out the same refuted statement?

Show me where I said that they were not allowed to generate as well as supply.

You can't. For the good reason that you trotted out a strawman because the only way you could "win" your argument was to lie.

For the same reason that you bleat on incessantly about "wouldn't you like lower prices" It's mindless populist crap that has no relevance to the debate but makes you look good.

Please come back when you have something to contribute, apart from whining that the prices are a bit high and those nasty energy companies are daring to make a profit.

I note you havent made any comment about the prices in the rest of the EU. People might appreciate how little we pay if you did that.

Post #42. You said they haven't been allowed that role.

They clearly have. I'm beginning to wonder now if you meant something else but it's not my fault if your post was unclear.

But anyway let's take up what I now think you might have meant, that government policy has prevented generators from bringing more capacity online. Clearly that is a major concern but hopefully the reasons should become clear during the investigation.

I replied several times re prices in the EU. It doesn't matter if their prices are higher. Ours might still be too high for what we get.

Why don't you want an investigation?

Why don't you want an investigation?

So you leap from one strawman to another. You purposefully and maliciously misrepresent me once, and then have the gall to do it again.

Ivanana may have said s/he doesnt want an investigation. I'm neutral on it. I will await your apology.

Care to back that up with hard fact?

They've been saying there may be blackouts due to the Large Combustion Plant Directive shutting down coal fired stations, and there being no replacement for these plants on the horizon - partly because the last Labour Govt dillied about on building new nuclear capacity. That's being corrected now and the AGR stations are being life extended but nuclear plants take a long time to build.

Oh dear, are you still trying to troll on here?

Oh dear, are you still trying to troll on here?

Ah did the billy goats wake you up?

Have you any evidence of them setting up a false flag about lack of capacity then?

No.

...thought not....

Bearing in mind Occam's razor, and the known expected shortfall in generation that is coming I prefer to take their statements on the basis that they could end up not being able to keep the lights on. I appreciate it's not very palatable to you especially since it's partly of Labour's making but that's the rub I'm afraid.

So you leap from one strawman to another. You purposefully and maliciously misrepresent me once, and then have the gall to do it again.

Ivanana may have said s/he doesnt want an investigation. I'm neutral on it. I will await your apology.

Why don't you want lower prices?

Archived