Time for big six energy companies to refund customers

Where's the apology first?

I don't owe you an apology.

Why do you want to pay more than you should for your energy? Simple question.

---------- Post added 28-03-2014 at 18:06 ----------

Wanting lower prices is irrelevant and for me its more important that the lights come on when I flick the switch.

Then you should welcome the investigation.

I'm not that bothered, I don't think they make excessive profits and would prefer them to get on with making sure the lights don't go out.

Then you should welcome the investigation. It is specifically looking at breaking up the big six so that cannot be both suppliers and generators.

They are not delivering on generation. Leave them to their own devices and the lights could well go out.

Then you should welcome the investigation. It is specifically looking at breaking up the big six so that cannot be both suppliers and generators.

They are not delivering on generation. Leave them to their own devices and the lights could well go out.

Will the investigation speed up investment in new power plants?

It's easy really.....

People are using energy efficient appliances, therefore not using as much energy, hence profits are falling, so the price goes up to cover it.

it really is that simple.

It's not like you can say "I dont want any electric/gas anymore" is it?

The bottom line is, you are paying for dividends, not fuel.

Will the investigation speed up investment in new power plants?

I think you're getting it now. No, probably not because it gives the generators an excuse to shirk their responsibilities even more, blaming everybody else.

It's why the investigation is looking at splitting up the industry.

I think you're getting it now. No, probably not because it gives the generators an excuse to shirk their responsibilities even more, blaming everybody else.

It's why the investigation is looking at splitting up the industry.

So we need energy companies to invest in new energy generation, and the profits they make will be the money they use to make such investments, but people are complaining about the profits they make so there is to be an investigation, which will result in them slowing down investment.

Does that about sum it up.

According to the graph here, its isn't energy that is the problem it is housing costs.

Housing, utility bills and petrol now account for 27% of household incomes

A decade ago figure was 19.9%, leaving more to spend on life's luxuries

And its housing that accounts for 6% of that increase.

I don't owe you an apology.

After your continued misrepresentations I rather think you do. What's up - not man enough to do so?

Why do you want to pay more than you should for your energy? Simple question.

What makes you think I do? More of your lies I see....

After your continued misrepresentations I rather think you do. What's up - not man enough to do so?

What makes you think I do? More of your lies I see....

Nope, I simply don't owe you an apology so don't bother asking.

You've done this with me before. You stop debating, start demanding an apology. You will do that 5 or 6 times then toddle off. I'm man enough to ignore childish behaviour. I'd rather debate.

Now, back to the debate.

How do you feel about the investigation. Do you think that it is right to look at splitting the supplier and generator parts of the big six? What if it was shown that structuring the businesses in that way was inflating prices - would you support a split.

---------- Post added 28-03-2014 at 22:48 ----------

So we need energy companies to invest in new energy generation, and the profits they make will be the money they use to make such investments, but people are complaining about the profits they make so there is to be an investigation, which will result in them slowing down investment.

Does that about sum it up.

According to the graph here, its isn't energy that is the problem it is housing costs.

Housing, utility bills and petrol now account for 27% of household incomes

A decade ago figure was 19.9%, leaving more to spend on life's luxuries

And its housing that accounts for 6% of that increase.

They've been making a lot of money for as long time and not invested. The investigation needs to find out why.

Given their failure this may be one of those times that for national security reasons there may be a case for partial nationalisation of the generating industry.

Nope, I simply don't owe you an apology so don't bother asking.

You've done this with me before. You stop debating, start demanding an apology.

Perhaps you may consider why that is... it could be that you are an insulting and abusive person.

Now if you want to debate you can apologise for you previous conduct.

Archived