Fear of spiders?

Why aren't men scared of spiders or mice? :huh:

Is is something they are programmed not to be frightened off? :confused:

poppet, my dad is frightened of spiders, and he was a big, beefy chap, built like a rugby player.

He was punished, as a child, by being made to sit on the cold, dark cellar-head, and told "The spiders can get you!". so it's no wonder he was not fond of the creepy crawlies.

He couldn't show his fear, as a beefy bloke, so would just splat them, with extreme prejudice. ( :lol: )

I also can't abide spiders, but unlike my cousin who would just scream at her husband "Kill! Kill!" I'd rather they weren't harmed, and just put outside. *shudder*

When the granddaughter was a teeny tot, she learnt a fear of spiders from her mum.

You can't imagine what fun it was, chez talker, when she was freaking out, and, despite wanting to freak, myself, having to act calm and say "Oh, babes, it's only a spider:- look, it won't hurt you!" whilst quaking inside!! lol

• 2 months later...

my daughter, terrified of spiders, found one in her bath, she heard a car pull up outside, it was a taxi driver, she ran out and persuaded him to go in the house,upstairs and remove the spider that's what I call desperation.my other daughters were scared of moths, many's the time i've been leaping up and down at 2am in one of their bedrooms tryng to swat a "huge"moth

I don't fear insects or spiders, but after inadvertently standing on a mud crab I now hate crabs. They look like spiders, right?

yeah

armoured spiders, they are the marine core of arachnids :P

bulletproof terror coming your way, no stopping them, they are on the march

Archived