Nearly scammed by someone in Nigeria

Guys guys guys. A few years back I received a message from a nice gentleman called Abegunde Ibukun Opeyemi of abode 10 Celestial Avenue Lagos Nigeria 23401. This nice gentlemen needed my help. Apparently he had millions in the bank which he needed to shift. I decided to help him for a small sum of 10k. The opportunity was too good to miss. I'm still waiting for my millions but I'm assured they are on their way. I'm one happy bunny :D

Scamming is the national sport of Nigeria. At work I think that they say that something like 95% of documents from Nigeria are actually fake.

---------- Post added 29-03-2014 at 10:40 ----------

This is the best rule to follow, if it sounds too good to be true then it isn't true, there is no such thing as easy money.

That's not true, there's a story about some bloke stood on the street corner handing out genuine fivers. Nobody took one believe them to to be fake

Nigeria is bad, but to put it into context-

According to a report recently released by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime entitled “Transnational Organized Crime in East Asia and the Pacific,” from 2008 to 2010 almost 70% of all counterfeits seized globally come from China.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-counterfeit-goods-are-from-china-2013-6

I got one the other day from prince Abeyemi Owusu he said he was being persecuted by the government and wanted to send his personal fortune of £20,000000 overseas to a personal bank account,and would I help him by allowing him to use my bank account to deposit the money in,and for doing this I would receive 10% of the money deposited in my account...wow and all I had to do was give him my bank account details and he would deposit the money strait away... yea OK :hihi:

I have received 2 of these scam emails this week.. One was supposedly from the Inland Revenue, saying that they needed my bank account details to transfer some overpaid tax. The other email was supposedly from Amazon, to confirm an order of a gift card, and asking me to track it on my account.

Both of the emails looked really genuine, with no spelling errors, and the correct logos.

Very scary!

Archived