Ban on sending books into prisons - why?

Seriously? Is this just a troll? I hope so.

They are still human you know.

Taking away someone's liberty and livelihood is quite a harsh sentence in itself.

Not a troll, commonsense. Allow me to develop my argument. Other than those who, due to the seriousness of their offence or their likely danger to the public on release, I believe the vast majority of prisoners would actually react better to conditions that were absolutely Spartan.

The removal of all privileges, the provision of basic amenities including food, the complete ban of any form of relationship with other inmates, would lead to the prisoner wishing to get out of jail, the only way he could do this would be by mending his ways. Hence shorter jail sentences. Cheaper to run, prisons would be less of a drain on the public purse and a place people would dread be incarcerated in.

Not a troll, commonsense. Allow me to develop my argument. Other than those who, due to the seriousness of their offence or their likely danger to the public on release, I believe the vast majority of prisoners would actually react better to conditions that were absolutely Spartan.

The removal of all privileges, the provision of basic amenities including food, the complete ban of any form of relationship with other inmates, would lead to the prisoner wishing to get out of jail, the only way he could do this would be by mending his ways. Hence shorter jail sentences. Cheaper to run, prisons would be less of a drain on the public purse and a place people would dread be incarcerated in.

If you'll forgive me for being blunt that's a ludicrous point of view which demonstrates a major lack of understanding about people and what motivates them.

If you'll forgive me for being blunt that's a ludicrous point of view which demonstrates a major lack of understanding about people and what motivates them.

China's rate of recidivism is among the lowest in the world. For many years, it has been around 6% to 8%. In contrast, the rate of recidivism in some developed western countries is around 20% or 30% with some going as high as 50%, 60% and more.

So we should adopt what ever it is that they do.:)

China's rate of recidivism is among the lowest in the world. For many years, it has been around 6% to 8%. In contrast, the rate of recidivism in some developed western countries is around 20% or 30% with some going as high as 50%, 60% and more.

So we should adopt what ever it is that they do.:)

They have a very strict intolerant and repressive system. Which works. We should adopt it. It is effective and cheap. They also have the courage to impose the death penalty. They harvest organs from the executed and use them for transplants.

If UK criminals thought they would be treated like this do you think the crime rate would be as high as it is?

They have a very strict intolerant and repressive system. Which works. We should adopt it. It is effective and cheap. They also have the courage to impose the death penalty. They harvest organs from the executed and use them for transplants.

If UK criminals thought they would be treated like this do you think the crime rate would be as high as it is?

Yes, I do.

The Chinese regime is disgusting and to wish Britain was more like China is simply perverse.

Yes, I do.

The Chinese regime is disgusting and to wish Britain was more like China is simply perverse.

Whats more perverse is letting people out of prison in the knowledge they are very likely to commit more crime against more people that deserve to be protected from such crimes.

China has one of the most abusive and abused criminal justice systems in the world. To quote just one example from Amnesty Internationals recent report on China -

''Criminal defendants faced routine violations of the right to a fair trial and other rights, including denial of access to their lawyers and family, detention beyond legally allowed time frames, and torture and other ill-treatment in detention. The use of torture to extract confessions remained widespread.''

If you think a system like that is worth emulating, there is something wrong with you.

China has one of the most abusive and abused criminal justice systems in the world. To quote just one example from Amnesty Internationals recent report on China -

''Criminal defendants faced routine violations of the right to a fair trial and other rights, including denial of access to their lawyers and family, detention beyond legally allowed time frames, and torture and other ill-treatment in detention. The use of torture to extract confessions remained widespread.''

If you think a system like that is worth emulating, there is something wrong with you.

Despite all that they have lower percentage of their population in prison than we have, and there re offending rate is significantly lower than here.

They do tend to get more reactionary with each passing persona.

Archived