Car sales Review - Sheffield Trade Cars

yes and the purchaser could have also said "have you got anything cheap i can do up not bothered if it needs work or got no MOT" dealer says yes mate out back there is an old trade in no Mot got a few issues but generally good condition?????

Now you're just making things up. Maybe he was also wearing a clown suit and dancing the fandango, who knows? What we do know is:

They sold me a car supposedly in great working order with only slight cosmetic issues

... a car described as such wouldn't have:

a number of issues and... the car brakes were in shocking state,

Great working order =/= shocking state

Furthermore, you ready to admit you were wrong on the 'Trade Sale' issue yet?

jb

---------- Post added 03-04-2014 at 14:45 ----------

It reminds me of the way places like PC World try and get you to take your faulty goods (in warranty) back to the manufactuer, rather than them having to deal with it.

They know its wrong but it thins out the number of returns they have to deal with.

... and the ones who say 'Sorry, that >insert problem<, is not covered by the warranty' to fob you off while knowing full well that it is covered under SOGA and they have to sort it.

jb

yes and the purchaser could have also said "have you got anything cheap i can do up not bothered if it needs work or got no MOT" dealer says yes mate out back there is an old trade in no Mot got a few issues but generally good condition?????

Yes indeed. It's the seller's responsibility to make sure they have paperwork that demonstrates that the faults have been brought to the attention of the purchaser who fully understands the implications. A general and vague statement buried on an invoice would not be adequate.

Maybe that is the case but the opening post suggests not.

We'll have to wait for an update from Kipper.

Archived