Mountain Bike riding buddy wanted

Hi, is there anyone out there who would like an occasional mountain bike trek in or around Sheffield. I am recently back cycling after 6/7 years out. I am a 40 year old man and was very unfit, I am just at the stage where I can just about get up a hill without stopping. I will however be in a low gear.

For an indication the loop around Ladybower/Howden/Derwent dams takes me about 1:37 hours, this is a distance of about 25km. I enjoy trails like Derwent and Transpennine and a bit of single track. Also enjoy the slightly more technical stuff like up on Houndkirk and Stanage.

I repeat that I am unfit and looking to ride with someone of a similar level and we can improve together. I don't have. Problem riding with fitter or unfiltered people as long as we appreciate each other's standard however someone of a similar level probably makes more sense.

If anyone is up for this then send a message.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Did you manage to get fixed up with someone if not not I might be interested. Im new to Sheffield so started biking to find my way around. Im 51 and like you very unfit but getting better, to be honest Im doing it as a leisure interest after recent ill health rather than as a fitness regime!!

If you know of any routes etc I'd be happy to join forces

Pm me

Archived