What's your best and worst courtesy car?

Hi people,

My Motability car broke down today so I just wondered what is the best and worst courtesy car that you have had?

For me the best had to be a brand new Audi A4 estate (top of the line model), With Motability RAC they have to give you like for like courtesy car and they didn't have any large automatics. So they ended up insuring me on the company bosses brand spanking new car hahaha.

My worst was a Peugeot 107. This is because unlike getting a car through Motability RAC it was through my car garage and all they had was this. It had no extras, no boot and moved like wheelie bin hahaha.

The worst two cars for me thanks to two people crashing into me were a Fiat Punto which was like driving a tin can and a Citroen, can't remember the model but it had absolutely no power, vile thing it was, best was a VW Golf

The Punto had a turning circle like the Ark Royal, a simple 3 point turn was more like 19 points

Hi people,

My Motability car broke down today so I just wondered what is the best and worst courtesy car that you have had?

For me the best had to be a brand new Audi A4 estate (top of the line model), With Motability RAC they have to give you like for like courtesy car and they didn't have any large automatics. So they ended up insuring me on the company bosses brand spanking new car hahaha.

My worst was a Peugeot 107. This is because unlike getting a car through Motability RAC it was through my car garage and all they had was this. It had no extras, no boot and moved like wheelie bin hahaha.

I was given the job of getting the boss's Porsche serviced whilst he was away on holiday. I dropped it round at the dealer and was presented with a Cayman for 2 weeks. The only problem was putting gas in the thing.

The worst was a Scion iQ that they gave me when my own car went in. It barely had room for my shopping and had absolutely zero power, but it did return massive gas mileage.

Mine came on the same job. Someone crashed into my company car (which was an auto because of my gammy arm) and the first automatic car that the repair company hired for me was a death trap of a 15 year old Sierra estate that didn't have power steering, randomly locked me in the vehicle (with electric windows, sunroof and locking so there was nothing to override it), broke down on the first 3 days I had it and left a blue plume of smoke behind it everywhere it went.

I complained to the company, then to my fleet manager and insurance company and when the insurance company got hold of them it was like someone had lit a rocket under them. They rang me and told me that they'd get me another hire car if I'd like to return that one to them. I told them that I could return it to them if they could get the door open to let me out, since I was locked in at that time.

The car they replaced it with was a top of the line 3.5l V6 Vauxhall Omega, which was like a teleporting machine, and which my licence was extremely lucky to survive without speeding points on it.

Had a Citroen C1 a couple of years ago and I had to drive to Newbury at night then back again the next day. Not a great experience as I was driving a 3-series company car at the time and the difference was rather noticeable.

When I had Audis as company cars I used to get anything from an A1 to an A4 and they were all nice.

Now I work for myself and run a small Nissan the thought of a Citroen C1 isn't quite as bad.

Great thread btw

Best: skoda fabia 2.0 (was actually the vw gti engine) when skodas were 'just getting started' with their rebranding in the late 90s. Ultimate sleeper at the time, it looked like a fugly shopping trolley, but was a VRs before they'd even invented that badge. It could shift alright.

Hayselden Doncaster lent me that at the time, 1999 or 2000, just as they'd ditched Mazda and taken a VAG dealership and then (re-)introducing Skoda. To say my ride back to R'ham on the M18 was 'prompt' is a bit of a euphemism :D

Worst (ever, by some distance): ford scorpio 2.9, 1999 IIRC. Automotive molasses does exist, and it's got a Ford badge. Had to drive down to Devon on a sales job that needed something 'presentable', but had to put the boss' A4 in for a service on the same day, so 'traded' the A4 for that for the day. I swear I can still see the smirk on the bar steward Audi servicing manager to this day.

Archived