McDonalds employees past present and future.

So what is your position on cheese? it is an animal by product as is milk. Good protein foods. Are they OK.
I eat cheese, but varieties not made with rennet. I drink milk too - I know the way it is produced isn't perfect, but it's a compromise.

Does your aversion to meat come from caring for animals?
Not really, no. I just don't think it's necessary or healthy to eat red meat.

Bear in mind that it takes time to raise vegetables, while meat was always there for the hunter.
The ubiquitousness of 24 hour supermarkets these days seems to render your argument here redundant.

Maybe that's why kids don't like veggies much, but love a hotdog or two. I'm not being facetious, honestly. Hunting for food in Britain seems to have been only for the rich for generations. Colonial fathers in America had to hunt to feed their families and were good shots. That's why they beat the Redcoats, the most powerful army in the world, which had already defeated the French.
If you say so. :rolleyes:

I see. I will try and remember these chains if I ever visit the US again. Thank you for letting me know of them.

I am not too big on customer services really. Which I know is a very big thing in the US. I normally am more keen on good food, and a reasonable setting. I do not mind if the staff is a little rush under and I have to wait a little while and things like that. I do not tend to fight them if I can help it. lol. I just want a relaxed experience. I normally hope that they are also a bit more relaxed too, that kind of thing.

I really hope that the US will have less of the mega chains. Because I think that is what it has become, and let some of the smaller ones to survive and sustain the very good food. One thing that I loved was indeed the actual burgers. The one I have tried in Five Guys was very very good. I can see what people mean about eating a medium rare burger in the US. It is actually very good beef.

Five guys is kind of unique. You wait in line at the counter, make your order then stand and wait for it to be cooked to how you like it, put the fixings you want on it yourself, find a place to sit when you're able, then munch on the best burger you ever tasted. My wife and I eat the burgers then munch on the superb fries all the way home in the car. It is not food for the cautious and very satisfying.

Five guys is kind of unique. You wait in line at the counter, make your order then stand and wait for it to be cooked to how you like it, put the fixings you want on it yourself, find a place to sit when you're able, then munch on the best burger you ever tasted. My wife and I eat the burgers then munch on the superb fries all the way home in the car. It is not food for the cautious and very satisfying.

How often do you eat this kind of food, buck (burgers, fries, etc)?

So having a diet deficient in FIVE vitamins (Calcium, Omega3, Iron, Zinc & B12) IS necessary/healthy?

Living a vegetarian lifestyle poses unique vegetarian nutrition needs. Without meat or animal byproducts, essential vitamins and nutrients can dwindle in the body. When daily vegetarian meals lack these essential vitamins and nutrients on a regular basis, serious nutritional deficiencies can occur.

Source: Link

Living a vegetarian lifestyle poses unique vegetarian nutrition needs. Without meat or animal byproducts, essential vitamins and nutrients can dwindle in the body. When daily vegetarian meals lack these essential vitamins and nutrients on a regular basis, serious nutritional deficiencies can occur.

Vegetarian diet can provide for all the bodies needs if you eat wisely and enough.

The Vegan diet requires eating very much more and very wisely. I've personaly known women stop mensurating and bones become very brittle through deficiencies. I have never known a male vegan perhaps they have similar problems. We are omniverous and personally I doubt the wisdom of ignoring that.

not a lot. I do most of the cooking and like to vary it. Pauline likes salads more than I, but we share most thing A meat or fish every supper, varying between pork, beef, chicken, salmon, shrimps, turkey, cod and haddock, sometimes with boiled potatoes, rice or noodles. I like a good breakfast, bacon, sausage, fried or poached eggs, waffles and maple syrup, or pancakes. rarely cereal. We eat a light lunch, a salad and a sandwich generally. We don't take afternoon tea, but will share a couple of fresh oranges late in th evening. She doesn't drink but I have a couple of beers Saturday lunchtime with my pals. We're not heavy eaters. I might have a cheeseburger andf fries about once every couple of weeks, but I'm not crazy about them. I prefer a hot dog or a Kielbasa.

---------- Post added 07-04-2014 at 00:01 ----------

not a lot. I do most of the cooking and like to vary it. Pauline likes salads more than I, but we share most thing A meat or fish every supper, varying between pork, beef, chicken, salmon, shrimps, turkey, cod and haddock, sometimes with boiled potatoes, rice or noodles. I like a good breakfast, bacon, sausage, fried or poached eggs, waffles and maple syrup, or pancakes. rarely cereal. We eat a light lunch, a salad and a sandwich generally. We don't take afternoon tea, but will share a couple of fresh oranges late in the evening. She doesn't drink but I have a couple of beers Saturday lunchtime with my pals. We're not heavy eaters. I might have a cheeseburger and fries about once every couple of weeks, but I'm not crazy about them. I prefer a hot dog or a Kielbasa.

---------- Post added 07-04-2014 at 00:09 ----------

I eat cheese, but varieties not made with rennet. I drink milk too - I know the way it is produced isn't perfect, but it's a compromise.

The ubiquitousness of 24 hour supermarkets these days seems to render your argument here redundant.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

It's in the history books under "1776" read it sometime. They didn't have supermarkets in Colonial times. They had the deer and the antelope playing. A musket and a little black powder and you could eat like a king.:rolleyes:

[/color]It's in the history books under "1776" read it sometime. They didn't have supermarkets in Colonial times. They had the deer and the antelope playing. A musket and a little black powder and you could eat like a king.:rolleyes:

Yes. Precisely my point. In developed countries at least, you don't need to worry about going out and hunting for your next meal these days, even if you did in the past. We have shops now.

Yes. Precisely my point. In developed countries at least, you don't need to worry about going out and hunting for your next meal these days, even if you did in the past. We have shops now.
And ours are a lot cheaper than yours, and cars too. What you pay in pounds we pay in dollars.

actually used cars in the South Yorkshire are among the least expensive you will find anywhere in the world. 500 pounds will buy you a perfectly usable runaround with a couple of years in it, maybe more. Maybe not good enough to go to Glasgow and back twice a week but perfectly OK, around town.

restaurants in the US are noticeably less expensive than in the UK though. Also 'American cusine' is easily the best I have seen of the New World countries. Australian cuisine is just a poor copy of British (although their restaurants selling international cusine have also improved massively) and South African food, well it is just steak and barbecue, a vegetarian's nightmare. The US has regional cuisines in a way they don't. So you can talk of New England, South, West,and Pacific American cusines. Calling Mcdonald's and KFC 'American food' is just silly and it is a total travesty that people do. The first Mcdonalds opened only 60 odd years ago. What do you think Americans ate, before then?

Archived