Moving house and stress

It is meant to be very stressfull. But I am finding the new house more of a stress issue.

My old places to put things have gone or moved. I am trying to stop spending money, but I need more storage. Anyone else find this?

Maybe you have built up some emotional ties to your old place without you realising ?

I am supposed to be detoxing my place and consider selling it. I've dug up so many items and things which brought back so much memories for me. I just couldn't even bring myself to freecycle them. I started phoning friends and family to catch up because of the memories. :) But I do know I have to do it though.

It's a bit of a first world problem, isn't it?

Try to see it in perspective. At least you have a new home to move to. You're not living on the streets, or in a refugee camp or a war zone.

Think of it as an opportunity not a threat - if you have insufficient storage space, chuck out the excess 'stuff' and live more minimally. Most people's homes are full of clutter they rarely use. Make a fresh start.

Clothes are a good place to start the de-clutterinng process...

It's a bit of a first world problem, isn't it?

Try to see it in perspective. At least you have a new home to move to. You're not living on the streets, or in a refugee camp or a war zone.

Think of it as an opportunity not a threat - if you have insufficient storage space, chuck out the excess 'stuff' and live more minimally. Most people's homes are full of clutter they rarely use. Make a fresh start.

Clothes are a good place to start the de-clutterinng process...

If you've travelled the world you would realise that most of the rest of the world live in really nice large homes which THEY own not the grim 2 up 2 down boxes that the majority of the "first world" live in.

If you've travelled the world you would realise that most of the rest of the world live in really nice large homes which THEY own not the grim 2 up 2 down boxes that the majority of the "first world" live in.

You're not making much sense. I would be interested to know which part(s) of the 'rest of the world' you have in mind..

Archived